Signature gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Has anyone used ASP signature gel polish. Went on my course on Monday and it was taught really well and the products are good. I did my first set yesterday on my colleague and they looked amazing. "Tropical Pink". Just wanted to see if any one has experienced good or bad results with this product. Xx

Hello! Yes I use them the tropical pink is gorgeous! I was just about to post a similar question when I saw yours! I've heard you can mix the colours because they are a fourth generation gel polish but not sure how. There's a course I could do which would be £60 for me to find out but it's not feasible at the moment. I am currently wearing the velvet plum :)

K

I used them for about 3 months but found the removal tricky so switched to shellac, colours and application ok though, just removal a pain!

I use to Top coat gloss i love it!!!

I used them for about 3 months but found the removal tricky so switched to shellac, colours and application ok though, just removal a pain!

The trainer did tell us it's quicker to buff off than soak off. What are your thought on this.

Hello! Yes I use them the tropical pink is gorgeous! I was just about to post a similar question when I saw yours! I've heard you can mix the colours because they are a fourth generation gel polish but not sure how. There's a course I could do which would be £60 for me to find out but it's not feasible at the moment. I am currently wearing the velvet plum :)

K

The course I went on was £90 then the kit for £99. But the course was really good. Yes you can mix the colours being 4th generation. It's recommended that you place 2 large blobs of the colours you want to mix on a piece of foil. Then use a gel brush to mix and apply. The only draw back is you do gave to stir the product each time use them. That is why the kit comes with the mixing tool. Tropical pink is one of the best shades they have.

The trainer did tell us it's quicker to buff off than soak off. What are your thought on this.

No I would definitely not recommend this, in the long term for your clients soaking off is best. Even the best tech used to buffing off hard gels can sometimes overdo it, but that's only once every few months. To buff product off a clients nails every 2-3 weeks is asking for thinner and thinner nails....and eventually no client ;)

If this system is hard to remove, maybe its time to look for a new system.

No I would definitely not recommend this, in the long term for your clients soaking off is best. Even the best tech used to buffing off hard gels can sometimes overdo it, but that's only once every few months. To buff product off a clients nails every 2-3 weeks is asking for thinner and thinner nails....and eventually no client ;)

If this system is hard to remove, maybe its time to look for a new system.

I know what your saying and yes logically your right. I think if the product is removed properly then we shouldn't need to buff. I haven't experienced hard removal yet. It's only recommended to remove the shiny top coat with buffing.

I do have a gel remover tool but I find an orange wood stick gentler on the nails. 😎

I've removed for second time ever and just took my time and buffed off top shine then soaked. I didn't think it was too bad to remove.

K

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've removed for second time ever and just took my time and buffed off top shine then soaked. I didn't think it was too bad to remove.

K

Did you use acetone or signature remover. I was told on the course that acetone works slightly quicker but may dry out the skin around the nail..

I used the signature soak off stuff it's lovely. Doesn't dry out the nails as much as acetone does. Will try acetone next time though to compare.

K

Just bought two new colours from the range. Velvet Plum and Chocolate Mocha, absolutely wonderful colours. Velvet Plum is on a level playing field with Tropical Pink.

Hi do you layer the colours on top of each other smuff? I use eco which is the same I believe?! I have just asp white and clear and they work the same. Also the colours seem the same just different names! I love eco and so do my clients! :) just wondering if you layer if so what have you tried? Thanks

Hiya I use signature too. Have mixed some lovely colours. The tropical pink with footsteps in the snow makes a pastel pink. The other really nice one is shocking pink with footsteps in the snow and makes a gorgeous lilac, really popular colour.
Does anyone else have any other colours they have mixed. I have only ever mixed with white. Is that the only one it would work with do you think? I got told in store that they only do 36 colours as if you mix it makes 108 colours overall but can't find anywhere what colours to mix together to make the different shades. Any ideas??!! Thanks xx

Hi do you layer the colours on top of each other smuff? I use eco which is the same I believe?! I have just asp white and clear and they work the same. Also the colours seem the same just different names! I love eco and so do my clients! :) just wondering if you layer if so what have you tried? Thanks

Hi there finally got back to you. Yes sometimes I do layer them. Especially with the glitter colours as it lets the underlying colour show through. I will say that the colours look much better on the nail than on the colour pop.
I always rinse out old nail polish bottles with acetone and completely let them dry. I then use these bottles to mix my gel polish, I then wrap the body of the bottle in foils to block out sun light. It's much easier than using a dapen dish.x

Sorry I'm only seeing this now!! I used the asp soak off stuff and now use acetone and acetone is definitely much quicker X

Sorry I'm only seeing this now!! I used the asp soak off stuff and now use acetone and acetone is definitely much quicker X

I find it really easy to remove them now. But I was told to not remove the base coat if reapplying gel polish. X

I've used acetone since and have to say it does remove the polish quicker especially if you have it sitting above some warm water. I still can't find anywhere about mixing colours so will have to experiment x

I find it really easy to remove them now. But I was told to not remove the base coat if reapplying gel polish. X

I find that a bit confusing, how can you not remove the basecoat?

I know I use different systems from this (Shellac and Gelish) but everything is removed from the nail before preparing the natural nail for a further application.

I use asp signature and went on the course also. I love the product and have absolutely no problems removing it. I buff off the shine with a white block to break the surface and then soak lint free wipes in either asp soak off solution or pure acetone (if acetone I put some cuticle oil on the skin first to prevent too much drying out) and wrap in foil for about 10 mins at least. Then use the scrape of tool gently. I haven't really experimented in mixing colours too much yet but it's so easy to add glitter in.. Such as peach sorbet. I just do it on a piece of foil then use a gel brush to apply.

Latest posts

Back