silk and fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbie

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone can help. I love the results I'm getting with the fabric#, but I can't seem to make the fibreglass disappear. The silk isn't a problem, I 'stipple' the bond on but it doesn't disappear, or it does in some places but not others. Am I being a bit dense here because I feel that it's a bit like being able to put on your left shoe but not your right!

Also the fibreglass seems to 'fray' at the sides and just doesn't seem as user friendly as the silk - or is this just me?

Debbie

Hi,

Are you touching only the free edge of the fabric (the bit you cut off) because if not, the oil from your fingers can get on the fabric and stop the bond absorbing into the fabric and disappearing.

Hope this helps
Lisa

Yes, I make sure I only touch the very end and I use the backing paper to smooth it down.

Debbie

If your fabric is not disappearing then you probably aren't wetting the fabric enough before you do your first curing. Really soak that material and let it cure naturally, even put to coats on first if necessary. I use Star Fabric and this very rarely frays maybe you have just got a bad batch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back