Silk/fibreglass wraps, still popular? What brand do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I must have tried them all.......... sadly Fabric# is no more.The Edge Resin is very nice to work with and stands up to even the hardest wear and use, the only thing lacking is a building resin. But Palms Extra have both, a medium viscosity and thicker viscosity resin and I have been road testing it for some time now and must say that is very very good. My clients love it and so do I.

i've just done them:green:

took a bit of time....was a tiddly bit fiddly but boy they look ace!

You can't see that there is anything on them at all...they just look ....buffed!!

Boy they feel strong too ! i'll see how long they last !

Amb xxxx

You can't see that there is anything on them at all...they just look ....buffed!!

Amb xxxx
Good for you Amber:hug:

I think Fibreglass is so overlooked from nail technicians,and when applied appropriately they look stunning:!:

Why has it been a system,that is not overly popular i wonder,is it down to the application?

i think we should start a new thread...

BRING BACK WRAPS !:green:

I havent got the time (or enthusiasm) to do my own nails - plus i prefer them short (ish) anyway and Natural (not french) sometimes i go for black polish.

Gel overlays are nice....but i'm really liking the 'natural' look of these wraps.

I think this is going to be a firm favourite of mine!....just hope they last:green:

Amb xxx

LOL Amber, I am with you on this one.
I love Fibreglass and Silk with a passion and have build my business with this system.
Does that mean you are crossing over to my side lol......????
Just wait till you have played a bit more and found other materials like silk scarfes, ribbons and the like to use instead of Fibreglass or Silk. The world of resin system has just opend its doors for you huni xxxx

BBW supporter and proud of it XXX

Im there with the BBW supporters!:)

I played around with INM a while back,and looooooved the look of it.

Does CND not distribute a wrap system then Ruth?

I think illgo and overlay my nails this week end,thanks for the inspiration Amb:hug:

LOL Amber, I am with you on this one.
I love Fibreglass and Silk with a passion and have build my business with this system.
Does that mean you are crossing over to my side lol......????:green::hug::green:
Just wait till you have played a bit more and found other materials like silk scarfes, ribbons and the like to use instead of Fibreglass or Silk. The world of resin system has just opend its doors for you huni xxxx

BBW supporter and proud of it XXX

oh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! interesting ! maybe i will get round to doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...whats the funkiest thing you've 'wrapped' then:green:

Oh how i love it when i try something new

Im there with the BBW supporters!:)

I played around with INM a while back,and looooooved the look of it.

Does CND not distribute a wrap system then Ruth?

I think illgo and overlay my nails this week end,thanks for the inspiration Amb:hug:

Yeah ! go for it ! i bought the star nails resin and activator because it was the only thing i could get my hands on at my local sallys.

i've finished them off with a SNOW MONKEY and they look fab

As far as I know SS are not distributing anything but CND and CND do not make a resin system. They may have some old stock of INM, maybe give them a call to check it out....

BBW Supporter xxx

OK...whats the funkiest thing you've 'wrapped' then:green:

Clinton Cards gift ribons, that was so funky and glittery...Net Stockings that was fun too...... oh news paper cuttings, messy but funkyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Have a play and enjoy the resin ride!!!!!!!!!!

Amb xxxx

PIC's......are these gonna be ok while using scrubfresh (on clients)...??

Can see a trip to sallys coming on...:)

Scrubfresh contains acetone, so easy tigerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........
use a hands down pads and be good with oiling them too. Resin lurves solar oil.........

PIC's......are these gonna be ok while using scrubfresh (on clients)...??

Can see a trip to sallys coming on...:)

at the moment i have a repaired crack in my thumb, and have a ring finger which i broke letting the side down.

As soon as he catches up length (about when i will need to infil them) i will post a pic PWOMISE !

I just fancied a change ! it was quite satisfying and theraputic doing them actually lol!

hmmm was worried about the scrubfresh.....i'll get my gloves out !

Am i right in thinking that this is also a very profitable meathod...no lamps...no liquids....etc...?

Am i right in thinking that this is also a very profitable meathod...no lamps...no liquids....etc...?

well i'd say it was very reasonably priced !

You need just your resin, silk and activator

i'd say it was a bit fiddly (im sure it gets easier) and a little time consuming but really nice and natural there is no 'thickness' there at all which is what i wanted!

Oh yes it surely is huni,
with time your application speed will increase and you wont think its so fiddly anymore. Scissor confidence will speed things up immensely, knowing by instinct that you have cut and left the right margin. It's a fab system to add to your menu....... BBW I say xxx

And great for those that are mobile...you could practically carry a kit in your handbag!

Yay! BBW !!!!

it was quite satisfying and theraputic doing them actually lol!

That's just how i find doing them too Amb - sooo relaxing.

I didn't realise Fabric# was no more, i thought it was a fab system. I can vouch for The Edge products though, i thought they were fine, i just wanted to use Fabric# as i was converting to CND L&P and wanted to be consistant in my products.

Clinton Cards gift ribons, that was so funky and glittery...Net Stockings that was fun too...... oh news paper cuttings, messy but funkyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Have a play and enjoy the resin ride!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh Ruth do you have any piccies you could post? They sound fab!:)

Latest posts

Back