silk nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
hi guys, had a set of silk nails put on today by a lady in town...its amazing how critical i am now i am officially a nail technician...when i walked inthe salon she was having a fag...she was in jeans and trainers, she didnt wash her hands, didnt sanitise her's or mine and got straight on with it, she dropped files and tools on the floor and didnt satitize them, no after care...
she used star nails silk, i can see it on my nails...underneath my nail looks fussy...
anyway just thought id let u know...this isthe 2nd lady ive been too now that has terrible habits...fancy smoking in the salon...i hate cigarette smoke...her own nails were badly bitten too, i thought we were suppose to be an example????
vicx

That is complete yuk....... I used to have my nails done by a lady who I didn`t think was brilliant at her work but a lovely lady and although she smoked I never saw her and she never reeked of smoke at all. We used to just have a natter about nails and picked each others brains a lot.
Bet you won`t be going back there in a hurry

hi she was a really nice lady, i told her i was a nail technician just!!! she was giving me allsorts of tips, really helpful...she even said if i eva consider renting space on a % base to contact her as she is now busy with other things like hair braids etc...but i didnt like her professionalism at all...vicx

hi guys, had a set of silk nails put on today by a lady in town...its amazing how critical i am now i am officially a nail technician...when i walked inthe salon she was having a fag...she was in jeans and trainers, she didnt wash her hands, didnt sanitise her's or mine and got straight on with it, she dropped files and tools on the floor and didnt satitize them, no after care...

What was the shop called Fagash Lil's ???
Very unprofessional me thinks.

You let her do yor nails????? I would have run a mile (Olympic Standard)
Jeans and trainers can be forgiven, but the rest ???
Sounds to my like she was in casual mode, couldn't be bothered to sanitise, couldn't be bothered to do anything at all by he sounds of it but, put on the nails and take your money.

But it has opend your eyes to some of the salon standards.
Even thought she was a realy nice Lady, I feel she has let herself down and the clients too.
What sort of tips did she give you???
Tips on Sanitising?? Desinfecting????
As for renting space there, no matter how professional you where, her unprofessional attitude would spoil it for you.
Love Ruth xxx

nailtiqe said:
her own nails were badly bitten too, i thought we were suppose to be an example????vicx

Got it in 1 :thumbsup: Vic - YOU set the example - you will be popular and respected for your work AND your professionalism!! Clients will be happy - YOU will be even happier! ;)

hi
i have 2 things i always stick to no matter what

1. i will never cut corners

2. each time i do a set of nails i do them as i would expect them done on me

:D :D

hi ya...her tips were for filing etc...she didnt say anything when she dropped items, just oh im clumsy today...lol
i wouldnt even consider renting space there, it was just not the atmosphere i want for my business, her kids live in the upstairs flat with her and kept popping in...if i wanted that atmosphere i maise aswell stay at home and do nails, ive 3 kids of my own to distract me!!! she was a nice enough lady but i didnt like her standards of hygiene etc...
even my mother in law to be commented on my hygiene...im always spraying my things...i gave mother in law to be a spa manicure yesterday and finished with make a wish, she loved it...bless x

hi guys...1 of my new silk nails has just snapped clean in half....i was only doing nails at the table, i leant over to get the uv lamp and i noticed my thumb silk nail hanging on by a thread...im well p'd off...ive got 2 clients tomorrow too and there not open mondays...gr8...looks like im gonna have to soak it off and do a diy job myself...vicx :(

You`ll do a better job of it too, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back