Silk sculptures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisydo

Reaction score
Hi I have to make a sculpted nail with silk for Biosculpture exam and have seen on here, and other sites that there seems to be different ideas on how to do this. Really need to get it clear so if anyone does them would be really grateful for some advice on what works best for them x

Thank you, I did see this yesterday but it differs from the manual in that the manual tells you to apply clear first, cure and clean. Like the look of this better though, do you put free edge on underneath too? x

I will do a layer of clear first if they have weaker nails...but I don't clean it...just add another layer and apply silk like the link above...not sure why you'd need to clean off a freah layer of gel. It might just be my weekend brain, but what do you mean by putting the free edge underneath? the natural free edge will be caped in gel and the silk sculpture will become the new free edge. does this make sense?

I will do a layer of clear first if they have weaker nails...but I don't clean it...just add another layer and apply silk like the link above...not sure why you'd need to clean off a freah layer of gel. It might just be my weekend brain, but what do you mean by putting the free edge underneath? the natural free edge will be caped in gel and the silk sculpture will become the new free edge. does this make sense?
I was wondering the same about cleaning it, but it is in the manual as it says it will not adhere to sticky nail, which makes no sense as this should help it! Sorry I was not very clear I meant do you put free edge gel underneath too as this is how I have seen it done before? x

I go by each clients nails. I haven't used Biosculpture for about a year now and use CND Brisa....so my steps are slightly different...but I wouldn't put more than a foundation layer (1 layer) before the silk as this would lift the silk too far off the natural nail and look odd once sculpted I think. If they need extra strength I would concentrate on the apex and length of the sculpt. If this is for your exam, maybe chat with your tutor for clarification....better safe than sorry :)

Thank you, I have just followed steps as per article and it is definitely the easiest way to do it and the only way I get a c curve. I will get confirmation from her regarding the cleaning before I start x

I have passed my exam with 95.5%! Funny thing was the silk one was probably the best!

I chatted with my tutor beforehand for clarification and had to do the following (she checked at head office in Spain first)

Clear
Cure
Clean
Form
Add silk cut to size
Clear on nail bed
Free edge/sculpting gel on free edge of silk
Cure
S gel
Clean
Shape
Finish with colour or French

Yet another version! Anyway it worked so all is well.

Thank you for your help xxxx

Congratulations! Great marks!

no prob at all hun :)

Latest posts

Back