Silk with french tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnie

Reaction score
Hiya :D
Most of my clients are acrylic but.........I had two requests for silk with french tips this week.
My question is how do you go about backfills on the white tip :shock:
Any suggestions will be muchly appreciated :o
Cheers Dawnie xx

Hi dawnie,

You will have to rebalance as usual and paint a French Manicure to cover the re-growth THAT IS unless you use fabric# and use the new paint on liquid white acrylic and then you can have a permanent French.

I'm teasing you though because it won't be available for a month or so yet BUT when it is, you can use it!

I have been using it for ages and it is awsome. So ... watch this space.

Hi Geeg
Many thanks for your reply ;)
Sounds great would make life easier :D
Can you please let me know when the product is available
I will be watching this space :shock:
Cheers again take care
Dawnie

Actually, although Faze 2 is not cured under a lamp, it is a gel. it just needs the UV that is in the normal light around us to cure!! Cool.

Can be used over any product for permanent shine, and also over airbrushed designs to keep them permanent.

When used over airbrushing, it is possible for the client to 'tone it down' say for work by covering up with ordinary nail enamel, an then remove the enamel when she wants to reveal the airbrushing again. VERY cool.

Hi Dawnie here is what you could do...............
Do the maintenance on the silks as usual, then paint on your french tip with white nail varnish or airbrush it for a nice crisp look and then........wait for it.................use a product called FAZE from Creative. It's a buff off clear varnish, that will seal in your colour. It cant be removed with nail polish remover, so it will not come off, if they wish to change the colour and then want to go back to the french look. Let the polish/paint dry completley and then paint on 2 coats of the stuff, MAGIC, I have had great results with this...........
love Ruth xxxx

Ruth, do you have to use a UV lamp with Faze gel?

Dellie

Nope babe, you just paint it on like varnish and it drys on it's own.
love Ruth
Voddy&Orange o'clock here again, well it is friday.............

Ruth, do you have to use a UV lamp with Faze gel?

I use Faze Gel, there is Faze 1 which is a gel & you do have to use a uv lamp to cure it, but there is also Faze 2 which as Ruth says is not actually a gel, & you don't need to cure it as technically, its not a gel, as Ruth so wonderfully describes, its a sort of clear polish.

Sorry to be picky but I'd hate you to go & order a whole bunch of Faze 1 & not be able to use it!!

CHEERS :hic: for all your help girls on this one
Take care Dawnie xxxxxxx

geeg said:
Hi dawnie,

You will have to rebalance as usual and paint a French Manicure to cover the re-growth THAT IS unless you use fabric# and use the new paint on liquid white acrylic and then you can have a permanent French.

I'm teasing you though because it won't be available for a month or so yet BUT when it is, you can use it!

I have been using it for ages and it is awsome. So ... watch this space.

Hi Geeg

I'm watching this space and itching to hear more :bouncy: ...any further developments on availability dates? It sounds like it will be an absolute godsend....are there any other "goodies" we're about to see :?:

This "Faze 2" product sounds like it would be great for the Nail Tech's own polish protection. Right? Is it available in the States? I can't remember seeing it before.

Absolutely - its great for techs and really helps keep your nails looking good.

I have no idea about availability in the States but the Bosses here will be able to advise!

I'm sorry, Faze 2 is not available in the states. But if you are wearing it over your enael colour in the salon ... you could take a BATH in acetone and it will not remove your enamel!!

You have to give it a wee buff first to 'break' the surface and then remove with Faze2 remover.

I have worked at shows where I have done thousands of demos and NEVER had my enamel colour move the whole day long! Because of that, I have sold thousands of bottles of Faze 1 & 2 because people have been so impressed. It IS impressive.

Now this sounds really good, but do you have to be trained in it or does it come with step-by-step instructions?

I suppose it is probably best to be trained with it. So I could call Debbie for one-to-one training on it.

Is this a Creative product? Is it available in North America ?? Does it go by a different name maybe... ok that's 3, sorry ;)

Scratchmyback - No, Faze 2 is a DesignerNails product.
No, sorry not available in North america but it should be.

Beautufulnails03 - you do not need any training to use Faze 2.
You apply like any other top coat, but the difference is it IS a Gel and it cures in ordinary daylight UV.
If you apply over enamel colour, the colour MUST be rock hard dry -or once you put it on it will never dry!!
It is not a retail product but purely professional.

geeg said:
If you apply over enamel colour, the colour MUST be rock hard dry -or once you put it on it will never dry!!
It is not a retail product but purely professional.

Glad you mentioned that Geeg...I had a few problems with that initially and couldn't understand why I'd look down and I had all these marks and smudges on my nails and when I called the 1SNS they confirmed the polish had to be allowed to dry for around 8 hours :shock:. Guess its a bit impractical for a client really...though its still nice to put straight over their enhancements to keep them looking glossy and fresh. For myself, I love it and it really does keep your own nails looking good when you're working on someone else's....

So to use this over a polish you would need to have a follow-up appointment the next day, providing they haven`t ruined their polish within that time for them to prolong the life of the polish. This isn`t practical surely. And there I was getting excited about the prospect of sealing polish and preserving it.

Ok - answer to BNO3 - no training to use Faze 2 top coat BUT, before you put it over enamel, your enamel must be bone dry for at least a day (maybe 8 hours) geeg will correct me if I'm wrong :oops: also this is a Designer Nails product NOT Creative - we are also re-packaging the Faze sytem to bring it into line with the packaging of Creative products and Fabric. Hope this helps! ;)

Faze can be applied imediately to airbrushed designes to preserve them. 2 coats

Faze can be applied imediately for permanent shine over any system - 2 coats.

The client does not need a follow up appointment as long as you explain to them how it works... they can buy a bottle and use it themselves the next day - even better for you. BUT you must tell them how to use it and that they need to WAIT until enamel is bone dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back