Silky lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, does anyone use the silky lashes or mink lashes(?!). I bought some thinking I'd have a go but can't figure out how to get them off the strip without a magnifying glass or without accidentally grabbing a couple at once. Any tips gratefully received xxx

Hi, i use mink. Most of these lashes wont even come out more than two at a time together. You dont need mag glass to take them out - hold your tweezer at the base of the lash (just beside a tape that holds them in) and gently but firmly pull it to the side (i always start from the right end of the strip, so i pull the lash to the right edge of the strip). Be careful not to bend the lash, so dont pull it upwards, otherwise you will destroy the curl.

Im sure someone else will come along to help you out as well and maybe they will be clearer on it :)

Jurate xx

Thanks jurate, slightly off topic but do you ever use lash curlers on sp lashes? I always thought it would just kink them but apparently my competition curls the lashes once she has fitted them?! Thanks xx

Thanks jurate, slightly off topic but do you ever use lash curlers on sp lashes? I always thought it would just kink them but apparently my competition curls the lashes once she has fitted them?! Thanks xx

As far as i know, lashes should be curled before the application with heated curlers. This would work if a client had straight lashes and wanted curlier ones put in.

However, i have never curled lashes myself, neither before nor after the application. The less you mess around with lashes, the longer they will last - thats from my experience.

Jurate xx

Thanks, I'm with you there, less messing equals longer lasting, think I'l give the curlers a miss lol :) x

When I trained we were told that eyelash curlers should not be used on sp lashes. It's not a must that you curl use eyelash curlers prior to the treatment but I know some geeks do

I was trained to never use lash curlers on lashes as they pull at the root of the natural lashes and can weaken the foundations for your extensions, also they can snap the extensions, witnessed this on a recent client, after telling her not to use them, since upgraded her to O curl

Latest posts

Back