Silkymitt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Skin Day

Reaction score
Who loves these babies?!

They exfoliate and buff away superfluous hair simultaneously :green:

I've been using them for about 6 months now, ever since I had to stop waxing/epilating. But even if you are a regular waxer, they are fab to use in between waxings solely for exfoliation purposes and to eliminate ingrowing hairs.

They are very cheap and BOGOF at Boots now!

Who else uses them or likes the sound of them?

never heard of em!

:lol: thanks for that hun!

what do you use for depilation then?

They sound really good, I hate waxing myself, and shaving as ive got really sensitive skin, my hairs are quite fine, so do you think this would work well for me??:)

They sound really good, I hate waxing myself, and shaving as ive got really sensitive skin, my hairs are quite fine, so do you think this would work well for me??:)

Yeah definitely! You have to use a clockwise-then-anticlockwise motion which takes a few mins to get used to, but I never get any irritation like I do from shaving. And the finer the hair the easier it is :green:

I didnt realise these were still about - they are like very fine sandpaper LOL.

Even better i love a good old bogoff !

Ps does this mean i would be able to leave it longer to get waxed,or even better not get waxed at all ?

Even better i love a good old bogoff !

Ps does this mean i would be able to leave it longer to get waxed,or even better not get waxed at all ?

All depends how often you use them hun....if you become a regular 'buffer' then there would be no need to get waxed, but if you just used them for a bit of exfoliation in between waxes it could extend the time.

They don't remove hairs from the root, just buff them away at skin level (like a razor) so the regrowth is similar to that when you shave. It just gives the added benefits of exfoliation and less irritation :green:

All depends how often you use them hun....if you become a regular 'buffer' then there would be no need to get waxed, but if you just used them for a bit of exfoliation in between waxes it could extend the time.

They don't remove hairs from the root, just buff them away at skin level (like a razor) so the regrowth is similar to that when you shave. It just gives the added benefits of exfoliation and less irritation :green:

Thanks for that ,i might give em a try..... then again i layed two weeks getting this tan,i don't just want it to rub off lmao !

Silkymitts are fab, and are great preparation for a tan in errrm, hairy areas!

I've also got the Babyliss smoothmate or whatever its called - basically the motorised version, which is even quicker! I never need to shave or wax my legs now at all, just 'buff' once a week!

I have really clear memories of my mum using these when I was younger, I thought she had got some sandpaper out of the shed!!

They are great for quick fix-it's when you are in a rush. x

thanks or that hun im off to get some at the weekend.

Amb xxx

I have really clear memories of my mum using these when I was younger, I thought she had got some sandpaper out of the shed!!

Exactly what my Granny did when she ran out of Silkymitts :eek: couldnt believe her face when I saw her - left her skin red raw but still hairy:eek: :green: :eek:

i tried them, they left my skin lovely and smooth, but unfortunately i came out in a rash a few hours later.:irked:

Silkymitts are fab, and are great preparation for a tan in errrm, hairy areas!

I've also got the Babyliss smoothmate or whatever its called - basically the motorised version, which is even quicker! I never need to shave or wax my legs now at all, just 'buff' once a week!

That Babyliss machine sounds the business! Definitely going to look into that for luxury buffing! :green:

angel fingers....sorry to hear about your reaction hun....did you use the clockwise-anticlockwise motion? My mate didn't really get the concept and just rubbed up and down like a loon and took the top layer of her skin off....yum!:rolleyes:

That Babyliss machine sounds the business! Definitely going to look into that for luxury buffing! :green:

angel fingers....sorry to hear about your reaction hun....did you use the clockwise-anticlockwise motion? My mate didn't really get the concept and just rubbed up and down like a loon and took the top layer of her skin off....yum!:rolleyes:

that made me giggle:lol:

yes mate, i did it proppa ! i guess i'm just not suited to em, i loved that initial smoothness though. maybe i'll give them a try again, might have been a 1 off.:confused:

Its quite easy to 'over-buff' when you first start using these - I found that the first time, I didn't remove all the hair, but did it a couple of days later and 'finished' it. But anymore and my skin would have been irritated. Now the skin and hair is used to the motion, its fine.

I love these, I can't recall but I think I use a different brand here in the U.S. but they're great

I've never been able to stand waxing and I always cut myself shaving, this is just so much easier

S

Latest posts

Back