Silly question but how do you clean gel brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nk nails

Reaction score
How do I clean the my UV gel brush? I know its a silly question but I'm sure I was told never to use my normal brush cleaner on it as its too harsh for the gel brush bristles.

And Can Acrylic brush be cleaned with just pure acetone? or does it have to be the cleaned with brush cleaner?

:)

I use scrub fresh on my brush and I store it in my travel toothbrush holder :D if I've allowed it to cure by leaving it in the sunshine I've used acetone and then shampooed it after, seriously think I'm bonkers at times :D :D xx

I like the idea of storing the brushes in travel toothbrush holders. I must invest in some! hehe :) And I must get some scrub fresh...Thanks

I like the idea of storing the brushes in travel toothbrush holders. I must invest in some! hehe :) And I must get some scrub fresh...Thanks

I jewelled mine up its lush :)) xx

Scrub fresh has alcohol in it so if you would like tp use make sure you work a little gel back into brush and put a lid or plastic on it.

I personally leave a small amount of gel on brushes and do a quick clean before i start a client... Otherwise bristles dry out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

And never leave it in the sun with gel on it. :D

(I'm sure you know this aleady but having done this in the early days I thought I'd mention in case it helps anyone)

How do I clean the my UV gel brush? I know its a silly question but I'm sure I was told never to use my normal brush cleaner on it as its too harsh for the gel brush bristles.

And Can Acrylic brush be cleaned with just pure acetone? or does it have to be the cleaned with brush cleaner?

:)

NOO ACETONE ON YOUR ACRYLIC BRUSH!! Or brush cleaner for that matter as it often contains acetone I believe. Use clean monomer to clean your brush. Even if it has dried product, just soak in monomer. Do a search for brush maintanence on here, loads of useful info to save you wrecking your brush :)

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

DO NOT USE ANYTHING WITH ACETONE .... many gel brushes are nylon and acetone will melt frizz and fray the bristles, alcohol is the best to clean them.
Store away from any light source, a great idea is to wrap the hairs in foil before you put it away, it keeps the shape, stops "any" light from penetrating.

ok so just to confirm. Clean my acrylic brush with monomer? I was told to use a brush cleaner I got with my kit when I did my training but if it contains acetone I dont want to ruin my brush. And for gel brush clean with scrub fresh and maybe leave a bit of gel on the brush?

Sorry i'm new to all this and qualified not long ago.

ok so just to confirm. Clean my acrylic brush with monomer? I was told to use a brush cleaner I got with my kit when I did my training but if it contains acetone I dont want to ruin my brush. And for gel brush clean with scrub fresh and maybe leave a bit of gel on the brush?

Sorry i'm new to all this and qualified not long ago.

Yep, no brush cleaners and no acetone, just clean monomer for the acrylic brush.
With the gel brush, as you can see, techs do it different ways but there are some key elements....never leave it out in the sun or air when not being used (or near your UV lamp either) and never use acetone on it.
I was just thinking about how I do mine and I would say I never really clean it as such but I suppose it is sort of a clean.
When I'm finished I wipe my brush on a lint free pad that is slightly damp with Cleanse (I used NSI products) and I wipe it back and forth a few times until I feel it's clean and I make sure I put it's shape back in while wiping, I then put the cap back on and lay it down.
When I go to use it again it's still nice and soft and in shape, I repeat same above step with Cleanse and then put a small amount of gel on the brush and wipe it off on the lint free pad and I'm good to go for another set:)
I have been using the same acrylic brush and gel brush for 2 years now with out any problems with using the above methods.

Latest posts

Back