Silly Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add a bit more, vitamin E has to be listed as tocopheryl on your ingredients. Both my tubes of LCN foot cream contain it, and my Virgin Vie cleanser contains it - hell my skin should be in a dermatological mess if what you say is to be believed, and that's only 3 of my beauty products I've chekced so far!! Are you going to accuse all these other manufacturers of adding harmful ingredients too --
sorry Sassy's got her dander up, so sorry if I have offended any other Geeks, it's not often I go off on one, but when my feathers are ruffled ...........!!!

I've no opinion although I love Solaroil! I just wanted to say I'm rivetted and enjoying every minute.

Keep up the good work!

S.x :Love:

Debster said:
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I missed this post from Geeg above. But it's going to take a little bit more than that to dissuade me from visiting this superb site again.

Sadly, there are numerous distributors out there more interested in their precious bottom line than the harm some of their products could cause to both clients AND Nail professionals. The F.D.A. (U.S. Federal Drug Administration) has a list for anyone interested in searching. http://www.fda.gov/cvm/greenbook/greenbook.html

Whilst I'm not suggesting Solar Oil is on the banned list, let's face it, if there are any complaints to be heard about Nail products on this forum, the last person we're going to here it from is some profit driven distributor with an agenda.
I followed the link you posted and it gave me this.....and I have been searching for anything in relation to Nail Technology and the adverse effect of Vitamine E. in Cosmetics......

The Green Book
The FDA Approved Animal Drug Products, (Green Book), is published by the Drug Information Laboratory; paper copies are available by subscription.

Electronic copies of the Green Book are available on this website. The searchable database is maintained by the Drug Information Laboratory at Virginia Tech.

So I am a little confused......... where do I find this information you are referring to ???? As it always takes me to Veterinary medicines...???????

Shall I get the freaking pad lock out again?

This thread has gone A- offtopic B- Very sour and C- sensational (and we know how I feel about that!).

Debster, the journal aticle you are refering to is from 6 years ago and is specific to 1 study of Vitamin E treating scar tissue. The 1 study suggested that Vitamin E did not help heal already scarred tissue and it could possibly contribute to irritating SCARRED TISSUE.

Even if we accept this one study, lets put it into perspective:

Vitamin E is the #1 recommended ingredient by Dermatologists for skin care to fight free radicals that cause skin damage.

Vitamin E is without question one of the most well-researched vitamins for skin health. It is the most well-known antioxidant, both when taken orally and when used in skin-care products. Vitamin E is an antioxidant superstar.

Products high in Vitamin E are pretty much the standard in treating any ailment with skin - especially burns (the last thing you would want irritated).

Furthermore, I am stumped as to why you would link to the Green Book here as it is absolutely irrelevant to anything under discussion here.

Continued lack of constructive posts is the only thing that is causing irritation around here.

BACK ON TOPIC:
There is a possability (though very tiny) that SSS could have caused a problem. However if that was the case than my guess is that you would have had to call an ambulance, not get a glass of water.
More than likely she caught a breath of the stuff which caused her to start coughing.

Hope this helps

I have to laugh now. From the time I stated the reply to just posting it, there have been like 5 other replies! I think I am getting slow in my old age!

(naa... Ill chalk it up to doing 10 things at the same time. That sounds better!)

To go back to the first post and the start of this topic..........
I asked Doug about this....... Well if in doubt ask a Bio Chemist I say...........
and here is his reply:

The most common cause for allergy to cosmetics is fragrance. Whenever anything is sprayed into the air, you increase exposure. My guess would be that this person is allergic to the fragrance or at least her lungs are irritated by the fragrance. I suspect it has nothing to do with her nut allergy. However people who are allergic to one thing are often sensitive to many other things. I do know a lot of people who are allergic to almond's, but can use Solar Oil successfully.
Hope that helps,
Doug

Client record card are so important in our service........... the point is Vicky found out about her clients nut allergy after she had completed her nail service..........
Full client consultation includes completing a client record card , this must be done before hand, this is when you find out what makes your client tick or what makes them sick lol.........then substitute if need be or even refuse service if there is health and safety contra-indication........

So back on topic I hope xxxxx

Glorsclaws said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Geeg is one lady who knows how to defend herself very eloquently and Im sure she'll be more than happy to reply to your comments. :wink2:

However, it would be nice to know a little about you as you are new to the site.
When most peeps arrive here, they usually start by saying 'Hi' or asking a question. I dont mean to be rude, honestly I dont but, a little introduction and info on your credentials wouldnt have gone a miss before you began handing out your information.
Dear Glorsclaws,

It seems your thinly disguised attempt at politeness is somewhat overshadowed by your demand that new members should pre-qualify their opinions. Would you be so kind as to direct me to where this protocol is written because I am somewhat confused? If I had know the standards in place were such, I would have forwarded you my C.V. first before registering.

I am a lecturer and author and as such and am well accustomed to forum protocol. Your confidant, which you seem so eager to defend, is little more than an ill-mannered bully and I think that's clearly evident from both her prose and the manner in which she replied.

kindest regards,
Debster

Thats it.

I have now locked this thread and put the key down my Tweeny disposal.

This thread was hijacked with a post that made false, sensationalistic claims, which was follwed by negative banter, follwed by facts and a warning which was ignored in an attempt to save face.

When will everyone learn? Negative banter just makes you look bad (not just now but in 5 years when someone else reads this).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back