Silver back to brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiew90

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm having a bit of a headache with a lot of clients wanting to return to light brown balayage from prelightened pulp riot silver toner. I know i will need to add warmth back I use goldwell so was thinking 7n 6g? I use my colour wheel but feel it's being pushed to limit with all these lockdowns🙈 help
Pic attached of how it is now

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_151429.jpg
    IMG_20201208_151429.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Hi everyone
I'm having a bit of a headache with a lot of clients wanting to return to light brown balayage from prelightened pulp riot silver toner. I know i will need to add warmth back I use goldwell so was thinking 7n 6g? I use my colour wheel but feel it's being pushed to limit with all these lockdowns🙈 help
Pic attached of how it is now
I'd use a product designed specifically for pre pigmenting. This will help with evening out porosity before colouring.
A demi permanent would probably be better. Simply because they're designed to deposit only.
If you use a permanent, it will want to lift the hair and it will blow out the tone.
What level do you want to take it back down to?

Hi ty yes was only going to use colorance not topchix very rarely use perm as my ladies like to have a change too often. Only about 6-7 no darker x

Are they looking for a natural tone, warm or cool still?

Neutral with highlights running through so was gonna just pull the silver out with 10vol bleach mech and pre pig and semi the rest.

Do a reverse balayage, use 2 different formulas 1 slightly lighter than the other. Definitely a demi colour and you’ll have to pre pig the whole hair before. Use the colour correction wheel and check what pigment is under the level you want to go ( yellow, gold, copper) and use half shade darker than you want it to come out for the darker colour on the reverse balayage. Hope that makes sense 😊

Neutral with highlights running through so was gonna just pull the silver out with 10vol bleach mech and pre pig and semi the rest.
Pre pig with gold and some copper. I'd probably paint the root on, pick out some pieces that you want to leave lighter and either use clear, a neutral level 10 or bleach and really low volume possible 5vol because you only want to pull out tone.
Then just paint all the rest with the base colour.
Make sure you use half a shade darker than desired result as mentioned above.

Thank you everyone this is before and after x

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_093511.jpg
    IMG_20210506_093511.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20210506_112758.jpg
    IMG_20210506_112758.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back