Silver grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcandyclub

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’ve recently had a lot of clients growing there hair out and wanted to enhance their natural colour and add silver / grey all over colour. They still have some brown hair left with mostly 60/70% white hair. I’ve tried IGORA Royal from Schwarzkopf absolutely whites silver and dove grey equal parts with 3% but my client said that it faded very quickly and didn’t last. What would you guys recommend would it be better with 6% are there other different brands which are better and if so can you recommend them for me please. I normally use wella or L’Oreal thanks.

I like dark shadows by guy tang

Hi everyone
Someone said to use 10/8 +2/0 to create grey silver can you tell me the measurements please to create this and I’m guessing 6% developer. Thanks

Hi everyone
Someone said to use 10/8 +2/0 to create grey silver can you tell me the measurements please to create this and I’m guessing 6% developer. Thanks
I've never really been a fan of using black to create silver. I find it results in a very dull and flat silver, almost matt looking.

Why don't you try 10/86 or 9/81 in KP?

Any silver colour will fade though and if you use 6% any virgin brown hair will lift and expose warmth.

Hi everyone, I’ve recently had a lot of clients growing there hair out and wanted to enhance their natural colour and add silver / grey all over colour. They still have some brown hair left with mostly 60/70% white hair. I’ve tried IGORA Royal from Schwarzkopf absolutely whites silver and dove grey equal parts with 3% but my client said that it faded very quickly and didn’t last. What would you guys recommend would it be better with 6% are there other different brands which are better and if so can you recommend them for me please. I normally use wella or L’Oreal thanks.
6%will encourage the brown hair to lift which will expose warmth. Toning natural hair vs coloured hair is not the same. If you Use a permanent tint use with low developer. If yiu use a quasi again low developer. Any tner isn't going to turn brown hair grey.
If they have still a high amount of natural colour I would suggest very fine bleach highlights in the darker areas, then tone with grey, will create a more even look and last longer.

Anyone doing grey hair transformations should follow @jackmartincolorist he always posts his process and products, very inspiring x

Anyone doing grey hair transformations should follow @jackmartincolorist he always posts his process and products, very inspiring x
His work is amazing!

I love his work and always follow him.

Thanks everyone I really appreciate all your help . X

Hi everyone
I’m after a silver /grey permanent hair colour which is good on natural white hair or bleached level 10 hair. Which won’t fade quickly. Thanks

Latest posts

Back