Silver shampoo on brown hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im an extensionist but not a hairdresser and wanting advice on colour! Ive had my hair bleached blonde full head for many years and use wella shaders sachets once a week + purple shampoo to tone it a silvery colour. Im wanting a change though so having brown put through next week to break it up. I really like the shade of blonde my hair is though an want to keep it this shade but will the brown be affected if i continue using these products? Sorry if its a daft question lol!x

It could cool the brown slightly but I shouldnt think it would make any major difference
xxx

Ok thanks ill speak to my hairdresser and see what she thinks! X

Hi everyone! Im an extensionist but not a hairdresser and wanting advice on colour! Ive had my hair bleached blonde full head for many years and use wella shaders sachets once a week + purple shampoo to tone it a silvery colour. Im wanting a change though so having brown put through next week to break it up. I really like the shade of blonde my hair is though an want to keep it this shade but will the brown be affected if i continue using these products? Sorry if its a daft question lol!x

Silver shampoos aren't great for colour care so you may find it will strip the lowlights out quicker.

If they put the dark through and put a good toner on for the blonde, you shouldn't need to use a silver shampoo for the first few weeks until the toner has washed out.

Maybe rather than a toning shampoo, ask your hairdresser to look into colour conditioners for you, this won't affect the lowlights atall and better for condition. If either of you have access to an affinage supplier, get yourself the quicksilver in the Hotshotz range :)

Thanks perry really helpful! :) i have pureology repair shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair do you think this would be ok? Ive seen jojo post many times about it, had it a while but been sat in cupboard due to me using silver shampoo lol!x

definately use the Pureology! OMG its sacrilidge to have it sat in the cupboard! This will retain your colour much better :)
xxx

Latest posts

Back