Silver toner gone greeny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pammy69

Reaction score
Hi guys, any advice please., I have a client I usually full head foil to a white blonde and she's gone and put a silver toner on at home and it's gone a yuk greeny blue 🤦‍♀️🙄 she's coming in tomorrow for me to fix it.. any ideas what I can do other than another full head of foils with bleach? Her hair is not that strong and I always use olaplex in with the bleach ??
1E9597A5-CF6E-43DC-922B-58E82E61F134.png

Attachments

• ED1ED83C-1852-4ED0-997B-40C5A683049A.png
    ED1ED83C-1852-4ED0-997B-40C5A683049A.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
Hi guys, any advice please., I have a client I usually full head foil to a white blonde and she's gone and put a silver toner on at home and it's gone a yuk greeny blue 🤦‍♀️🙄 she's coming in tomorrow for me to fix it.. any ideas what I can do other than another full head of foils with bleach? Her hair is not that strong and I always use olaplex in with the bleach ?? View attachment 211397
I'd start witha deep cleansing shampoo if you have any, or better still malibu c or wow dream filter shampoo. If not I think the next best thing would be bleach and water - mix to a thin paste that's easily spread over the hair massage gently until it starts to buff out some of the tone..
You may not get it all out but hopefully you csn lift some of it out so its a bit paler. If you've still got a green hue after that then use a level 10 violet or violet red (first choice would be koleston perfect 10/95) or a pink shampoo :).

No, definitely don’t use bleach and developer to remove excess toner if the hair is already compromised. It’s unnecessary and will be damaging. Follow @ronray’s suggestions and you should be fine.

Zalon pro works really well, i had the same problem with a lady that wanted slate grey and hated but this removed it straight away by shrinking the colour molecules, just make sure to rinse very well for ages and shes not git permanent tint just bleach and toner, it will just lift out the toner.

Another option is kp 0/00 i saw a video where someone used it by constantly combing and manipulating the hair and it stripped the toner right out.

Use a "chelating shampoo"(stronger than a clarifying shampoo). If you don't have access to any.....do a "soapcap/ bleach bath" treatment. Look it up for more info.

It is equal parts: 20vol+bleach mixed up to shampoo. Apply to dry hair,shampoo in & throughout the hair. Time up to 20 mins tops. Bag after application for heat. Check after 5 mins. Can bag + low heat for up to 15 mins + 5 mins cool down for deeper tonal removal. This will do the trick without full strength bleach damage.

Latest posts

Back