Since EZflow reformulated their monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
Hiyall... Just wondering if anyone that used to use Ezflow's Qmonomer and now uses their new monomer has noticed a difference or does it appear to be the same?

Hi
I didint know they had changed it !! Is it still called q monomer then but theyve just changed the formulation ? Do you find it different to work with ? Will be interesting to see what the difference is , its prob not over here in the uk yet tho.

I got a new bottle not long ago and never noticed any difference?
No probs to report. x

Do you mean the HD monomer hun, if so you may find it takes longer to harden, its set to give you more time to work with the product, i use the HD powders with the Q monomer liquid and they work well together HD monomer is great for competition work

HTH :green:

i just had a look at a beauty website in america and theres a new ezflow monomer on there called qls low sensitive , maybe this is the monomer ? but i have to agree with judy i had a new bottle of ezflows q monomer a couple of weeks ago and not noticed any difference.

Just a quick question for any ezflow techs/educators , has the q monomer always had crossed linked molecules in it ?

Do you mean the HD monomer hun, if so you may find it takes longer to harden, its set to give you more time to work with the product, i use the HD powders with the Q monomer liquid and they work well together HD monomer is great for competition work

HTH :green:

Hi just wanted to ask , do you have any problems because of mixing the hd powders with the q monomer ? just that i went on my hd conversion course a couple of months ago and was told i shouldnt mix the two because of the chemical makeup but would be good to know if the two do work well together !!

i just had a look at a beauty website in america and theres a new ezflow monomer on there called qls low sensitive , maybe this is the monomer ? but i have to agree with judy i had a new bottle of ezflows q monomer a couple of weeks ago and not noticed any difference.

Just a quick question for any ezflow techs/educators , has the q monomer always had crossed linked molecules in it ?

hi i think the qls low sensitive is the one that has less odour, i dont think its new i used it over a year ago.

Can someone post a couple of links so we know exactly which one we're talking about?
Q monomer is still the same to me.
HD is a different system but I have used the powders with Qmonomer with pretty good results.
I honestly have no idea about the low odour/sensitive version though. Although I've never had a problem with the odour from any of my monomers tbh.

hi i think the qls low sensitive is the one that has less odour, i dont think its new i used it over a year ago.

is this the one thats called odourless monomer , i got a free sample of this in my goody bag from the roadshow at peterborough.

What do you think of the qls monomer then , does it have the same ratio mix and workability as the q monomer , i didnt actually reaise till now that ezflow did that many different monomers, ( you learn something new everyday !!!):)

From what I understand, they are no longer making the Qmonomer but they are only now making the HD (High Definition) monomer. They no longer sell the Qmonomer unless you are buying from a place with overstock. So I am wondering if anyone that has used the new HD monomer have noticed a difference from the Q monomer?

Can someone post a couple of links so we know exactly which one we're talking about?
Q monomer is still the same to me.
HD is a different system but I have used the powders with Qmonomer with pretty good results.
I honestly have no idea about the low odour/sensitive version though. Although I've never had a problem with the odour from any of my monomers tbh.

I found the qls low sensitive monomer on this site buynail.com - Your One Source For Salon Supplies , but the original post was i think about q monomer, sorry my fault for confusing myself and everyone else !!!

Hi i only used one bottle and went back to using the q monomer (out of habit probably), but now i use the HD system.

To be honest they are all more or less the same. Easy to use and good results.

I think the qls did have less odour, i remember sniffing the bottle to see for myself and it wasnt as strong! :lol:

qls is a low sensitivity monomer, the original qmonomer has not been reformulated.

and yes you can use the hd powders with the qmonomer liquid. this will give you a slightly quicker working time than using hd powders with hd liquid.

From what I understand, they are no longer making the Qmonomer but they are only now making the HD (High Definition) monomer. They no longer sell the Qmonomer unless you are buying from a place with overstock. So I am wondering if anyone that has used the new HD monomer have noticed a difference from the Q monomer?

Hi i use HD and to be honest the only difference i see is the colour of the pink, i like the colour better. But workability is the same for me, it is slightly more flexible though.

we're still producing the qmonomer and have no desire to discontinue our post popular monomer.

I have used the hd definition range but it is a dryer ratio , 1 to 1 instaed of the ususal 2 to 1, it does give you longer to work with the product especially if you need more time for smile lines ,but i do use the q monomer and a polymer powders on 95% of my clients.

yes qmonomer has always been crosslinked hun

qls is a low sensitivity monomer, the original qmonomer has not been reformulated.

and yes you can use the hd powders with the qmonomer liquid. this will give you a slightly quicker working time than using hd powders with hd liquid.

Can you use the hd liquid monomer with the a polymer and glitter/coloured powders as well then ?( sorry for asking so many questions but in the middle of masters training and would be really helpful to know)

Can you use the hd liquid monomer with the a polymer and glitter/coloured powders as well then ?( sorry for asking so many questions but in the middle of masters training and would be really helpful to know)

yep, that can be done also, just remember to work with your drier ratio and the pressing action when using the HD liquid.

yep, that can be done also, just remember to work with your drier ratio and the pressing action when using the HD liquid.

When you say the pressing action, is that when you place your bead on the nail and then wait for it to " look wet " before carrying on with the application, ( if you know what i mean )

Latest posts

Back