Single nail extension price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxurynails

Reaction score
Hey!:)
I am a mobile tech and don't normaly do repairs as the nails stay on.... however my new client shut her nail in the car door!!:eek: I need to replace it and will be in the area that she lives tomorrow, i'm not really sure what to charge though. I charge £50 for a full set and £30 for a rebalance, do you reckon £5 would be too much?? I'm just thinking about the setting up time ect so it will take a lil while. I did already do this client cheaper as she was a friend of my family so i don't really want to do another freebie!
Any thoughts???
Lisa x

£5 sounds fine to me, she's lucky you're going to be in the area :)

I think £5 is a good price, I always divide a full set
by 10 and there is the price for 1 nail. I wouldnt do
another freebie either, she has to learn to look after
her nails so that this dosent happen again!!

When I was mobile I had a minimum charge of £10 otherwise it wasn't worth it. . . she's lucky you're in the area.

I would charge at least one tenth of the price of a full set. The reason I say "at least" is because you will have to wait for the l&p to set before you can refine & finish; normally you would be working on the other nails, but you will have to wait a few minutes doing nothing . . . I would charge £6.50 or thereabouts, based on your full set price.

I also have a £10 minimum call out charge. So for me to go repair/replace a nail would cost the client £10 . We have to consider fuel costs on top of time etc.

I work from my home salon.. and my minimum charge for anything is $10 Australian.. I have a few lads who get extensions as they are muso's and i charge $10 an extension.. repairs are 5 unless i have to do prep and full repair then it is $10.

I have a few lads who get extensions as they are muso's .

Hi please don't think I am thick or being funny ...... but what are muso`s ( and why do they have 1 nail extension).

I charge 30 for a full set and 3 for repairs so its 1/10 i'd go with

Hi please don't think I am thick or being funny ...... but what are muso`s ( and why do they have 1 nail extension).

Guitar players and i extend the thumb, nagger and rude finger (hehe professional or what??) so its normally 3 fingers.. on one hand..
but i charge $10 for repair.

Guitar players and i extend the thumb, nagger and rude finger (hehe professional or what??) so its normally 3 fingers.. on one hand..

I'm interested to know what you call the last two fingers???

ok professionally it should be.. fingers 6,7 and 8 if they are right handed.. or 3, 4 and 5 if they are left... BUT...

as everyone has different ways of working.. left to right.. right to left.. thumbs first.. its hard to identify!! but since you asked its ring finger and pinkie.. and the thumb is.. erm.. the thumb!

Nagger! It took me a second but I guess Nagger is a fitting name. We always called it the pointer or first finger, but I like Nagger better!!!

Ooooh clever. My son plays guitar I will suggest he lets me at him. Save me a fortune on plec`s.

Latest posts

Back