single or three phase electrics for sunbeds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katieA

Reaction score
i am wanting to put sunbeds into my new salon. it only has single phase electrics at the moment, i am aware i need to change it to three phase to run the sunbeds but was wondering if anybody knew if it possible to run just one sunbed off single phase?
thanks xx

Ill ask my hubby when he gets out of the shower hes an Approved Electrician/cable jointer x

If it is a three phase sunbed then no
but if it a single phase sunbed it depends on the wattage and what else is being used in the salon.He cant really say with out seeing what is being used in the salon,is there any other info you can give on this please?

I was told that it has to be thre phase for sunbeds.

Let me start by saying I know nothing about sunbeds or electrics, but in the salon I am working we have one sunbed and it's run off single/normal phase power.

I don't know the specifics, but it must be possible in certain situations.

Also, I live in Australia, don't know if things are different here?

I had a salon with 2 sunbeds, and did not need to feed 3 phase into the salon. It does depend on the wattage and the feed that you currently get whether it is completely indepedant for the building or not. But from experience I did not have to go to the extra expense of 3 phase, bt jst had to have isolator switchs attached to the feed that was running off normal single phase. Hope this helps. Ask the electrician if u can get away with just isolators (depending on the sunbeds have)

I had a salon with 2 sunbeds, and did not need to feed 3 phase into the salon. It does depend on the wattage and the feed that you currently get whether it is completely indepedant for the building or not. But from experience I did not have to go to the extra expense of 3 phase, bt jst had to have isolator switchs attached to the feed that was running off normal single phase. Hope this helps. Ask the electrician if u can get away with just isolators (depending on the sunbeds have)
so who would i ask then then? the electricity company, electrician or sunbed company? xx

Sunbeds draw alot of power, 3 phase would be the best (i'd talk to the manufacturer (actually the plug should be slightly different, it is here in AUS) if you try and run them of normal electricity (against advice) it will void your insurance ...... the plugs may melt, burn down your premises and you neighbours (which you may be liable for).

Serious stuff huh? Yeah it is.

Personally, i'd be doing better research that posting on an internet forum.

Latest posts

Back