Single therapist businesses - how do you cope with being extremely busy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found it so disheartening to give price lists out in the street and them find them on the floor. Made me want to cry!
I also posted lots through doors and they had 10% off for new customer on the back.

If you put the hard work in now then you will succeed, remember you only need to do this hard bit once, once it's done it's done xxx

I like that idea of 50% off. You are right, it's better half price than nothing at all.

I might do that when I'm in my sunbed shop. I'm looking at doing welcome packs too.

I currently offer 20% off to all new clients but once your busy you can drop it like you sAid.

My notepad is becoming full of ideas 😄

It won't let me quote it but regarding the Salon Lite topic..

Do you still use your own diary too?

I get so scared about double booking clients as it's only me! As I get about 50 texts a day this really worries me xx

I signed up to wahanda but Iv had no bookings off it.

I think il try this salon lite

It won't let me quote it but regarding the Salon Lite topic..

Do you still use your own diary too?

I get so scared about double booking clients as it's only me! As I get about 50 texts a day this really worries me xx

I've got the salon lite on my PC, iPad and phone and it all syncs in together.

I don't use a paper diary anymore.

I've got the salon lite on my PC, iPad and phone and it all syncs in together.

I don't use a paper diary anymore.

Iv just got salon lite. What is the app called? I can't find it in the App Store.

I want to get an iPad next!
It's great so simple to use, ovatu was to confusing I found. Wahanda I didn't get anything from xxx

Iv just got salon lite. What is the app called? I can't find it in the App Store.

I want to get an iPad next!
It's great so simple to use, ovatu was to confusing I found. Wahanda I didn't get anything from xxx

You just go to m.salonlite.co.uk and it's a mobile version of the website x

Ahh I see, no wonder I couldn't find it hah! Thank you xx

I've been trying to send these via pm but not working I'm not sure if I'm having issues with the app or my phone so ill just put them on here instead, View attachment 66343View attachment 66344View attachment 66345View attachment 66347

The 1st 2 are reminders on what's expected policy wise the 3rd is a list for when their bored (they edited themselves) and the 4th is what their working towards, lol they had a little heart attack today when they saw me taking pics they thought I was going to add more to it! Haha

lol OMG I have met my double!!!

haha when I've had girls in past I have been similar and privately questioned myself if I was too particular - you have reassured me its normal...love it!

Soo

heres where I am now - I have taken business facebook off my phone - on laptop use it so not connected all the time

I have started to turn away business and people are booking in advance

I had an amazing work opportunity but I new physically my body couldn't do it so I turned it down and was honest about being so busy but would have loved it otherwise

If I have a little gap - I try and leave it and use it as breathing space and time to return calls

I tried doing lunch but it didn't work out - I'll give it a go again next week

When the phones ringing - I let it ring and go to answermachine and work on at treatments as I know diary full and can only book them in in future

I've started to consider how I will bring in someone new to work for me

I've accepted I only need to earn so much and there comes a point where the extra money versus the tole it takes out of us physically is not worth it

I've developing limits lol

Loveleelady, well done for the steps you have taken so far!! Remember is you are always working because you are fitting people in or working longer hours to do so that you cant spend the money that you are earning as you are too busy!! And life will just pass you by......how many times have you said to clients when listening where they are off to or what they are doing that weekend "id love to do that"??? Well do it!! Start booking things that you want to do rather than saying you will do them.....make yourself happy as well as your clients.....it cant all be about work...much as we love what we do!!!

I feel so much better since not working such long hours, having lunch and time like you to say to breathe in the middle of a day!! Not having to finish at end of the day and having a pile of stuff left to do as ive done it throughout the day....ive got a second girl starting next week and although everyone wants me to do their nails so im still mega busy i can pass other treatments to them which leaves me doing nails which is what i love! Having said that the week after next i have a ridiculous diary with very long days as im taking a few days off next week to go to ascot and then its prom week BUT at least i will have had time off snd done something nice for me!

Loveleelady, well done for the steps you have taken so far!! Remember is you are always working because you are fitting people in or working longer hours to do so that you cant spend the money that you are earning as you are too busy!! And life will just pass you by......how many times have you said to clients when listening where they are off to or what they are doing that weekend "id love to do that"??? Well do it!! Start booking things that you want to do rather than saying you will do them.....make yourself happy as well as your clients.....it cant all be about work...much as we love what we do!!!

I feel so much better since not working such long hours, having lunch and time like you to say to breathe in the middle of a day!! Not having to finish at end of the day and having a pile of stuff left to do as ive done it throughout the day....ive got a second girl starting next week and although everyone wants me to do their nails so im still mega busy i can pass other treatments to them which leaves me doing nails which is what i love! Having said that the week after next i have a ridiculous diary with very long days as im taking a few days off next week to go to ascot and then its prom week BUT at least i will have had time off snd done something nice for me!

souz you are so right - im trying really hard to get that balance

Nice to hear it is going so well ( even though it can be stressful!).

I was once told if you are very busy and turning people away - put your prices up! You may loose a few customers ( but if you can't always fit everyone in there is no difference ). You will be better off, less stressed and valued by the customers that stay.

The idea is that 'disappointed customers' who can't get bookings aren't good for business, nor is it if you get tired and rushed.

Why not employ a 'virtual' receptionist, who picks up your call for you when you are busy?

That's a great idea - I use a virtual PA for when I'm out of my office and he's great! So professional - I think my clients like him better than me! lol...PM me if you'd like his details.

On my website, I say I'm not taking new clients on. Although if they would like to go on a waiting list, fill in the 'contact form'
On my landline I leave a message saying I have no available appointments until 30th June (or whatever date) please leave any message after the tone or a name and number for cancellations.
In my newsletter I always highlight that appointments need to be booked 4 weeks in advance to guarantee a time slot. I'm also thinking of writing an article 'A day in the life, of Karen Taylor' When I tell my clients how although I finishing working at 8, I then have sterilise everything, wash towels, clean floors, return phone calls. Then in the morning, bag up implements, fold towels, more phone calls etc. Then on my 'day off' go to the wholesalers, make orders over the phone, banking, bookwork, newsletter, Facebook, website..... my clients usually say they never considered all these things.
I also put fake clients in, as many of my clients look over my shoulder when I'm booking them in. So if I want to finish at 7, I put Jackie Jones in! I even put fake clients in for lunches sometimes, as I feel guilty I'm taking a lunch break.

On my website, I say I'm not taking new clients on. Although if they would like to go on a waiting list, fill in the 'contact form'
On my landline I leave a message saying I have no available appointments until 30th June (or whatever date) please leave any message after the tone or a name and number for cancellations.
In my newsletter I always highlight that appointments need to be booked 4 weeks in advance to guarantee a time slot. I'm also thinking of writing an article 'A day in the life, of Karen Taylor' When I tell my clients how although I finishing working at 8, I then have sterilise everything, wash towels, clean floors, return phone calls. Then in the morning, bag up implements, fold towels, more phone calls etc. Then on my 'day off' go to the wholesalers, make orders over the phone, banking, bookwork, newsletter, Facebook, website..... my clients usually say they never considered all these things.
I also put fake clients in, as many of my clients look over my shoulder when I'm booking them in. So if I want to finish at 7, I put Jackie Jones in! I even put fake clients in for lunches sometimes, as I feel guilty I'm taking a lunch break.

lol Jacki Jones made me smile! She might be coming to my salon too haha

Good practical tips - I like the one about the answer machine - im going to do that and Jacki Jones my lunch in

Personally I'd keep the day in a life of Karen taylor for salon geek and not customers - they just want amazing treatments and don't care if you're on the go 24/7 as they see it its not their problem ... and you know the wee lovely ones will just feel guilty when they read it

I also either put fake clients in, or time blocks on my computer system, and stretch appointments by 15 or 30 minutes (the computer is set to 15 minute time blocks) to allow me time to breathe.
It makes my day look full, and if clients call, I just see a full day. I can then juggle if I actually want to!

Vicki x

I have now pre booked lunch 1-2pm out my diary for good.....its pre set i cant change it!! So no juggling my lunch anymore.....i do keep adding clients after closing etc though as its very hard to turn away or disappoint!

I am booking new clients with the girls, showing them how i do treatments so clients cant say "suzanne doesnt do it like that!"....i will get my set working week eventually.....i love what i do without hesitation but my family snd my boys need me too, life passes you by so quickly and the last year ive come to realise that more and more......i want to enjoy life as well as my job!!

Glad I came across this as just put a new thread up about been so busy and how everyone else manages.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back