sink in a treatment room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
I have contacted the Environmental Health with regards to this now waiting for a reply. But i thought i would hear your views on it. Is it a H&S requirement to have a sink in a treatment room?

I have contacted the Environmental Health with regards to this now waiting for a reply. But i thought i would hear your views on it. Is it a H&S requirement to have a sink in a treatment room?

Hmm I not too sure if it's a H&S requirement but I will be having one for convenience
Hth x

according to my local council enviro. health department yes. if i remember rightly i was told a 'purpose built' bed was needed and a 'sterile' environment was required. this was for a home salon aka bedroom being turned into treatment room and i was told that home salons just isn't what happened! from what has been said on here each council is different so i hope yours is easier to work with than mine haha x

according to my local council enviro. health department yes. if i remember rightly i was told a 'purpose built' bed was needed and a 'sterile' environment was required. this was for a home salon aka bedroom being turned into treatment room and i was told that home salons just isn't what happened! from what has been said on here each council is different so i hope yours is easier to work with than mine haha x

Nobody can work in a sterile environment can they?

the council did get back to me and this is what htey had to say. I only need a sink in the treatment room if any of the treatments offered pierce the skin. so it looks like i dont need a sink.

the council did get back to me and this is what htey had to say. I only need a sink in the treatment room if any of the treatments offered pierce the skin. so it looks like i dont need a sink.

I'm from Northern Ireland and had my inspection from the council a fortnight ago to get my licence for ear piercing. I rent rooms in a hairdressers and don't have a sink in my treatment rooms. It wasn't an issue as I have access to sinks throughout the building, and I keep a big bottle of Mundo hand sanitiser in my room :) xx

well i wouldn't imagine so, as of course as soon as somebody comes in from the outside world which isn't 'sterile' then they'd infect your 'sterile' room wouldn't they? i didn't understand their advice either but i was just telling you what i was told. they asked me if i knew about 'habia' too and said that what habia recommends is the min that they (enviro health) would require! x

Latest posts

Back