Site Update

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have updated the site as part of our regular maintenance routine and to introduce the new blog system. The blog system replaces the old journal system and offers several additional options that were previously unavailable with the journal system (i.e. each user can decide how 'private' they want their journal to be). It is VERY important to note that by default, blogs can be read by anyone unless you turn off the ability for unregistered users to read your blog via your blogs control panel (previously, journals could only be read by registered users).

Style

The first thing you may notice is that the beige style has gone back to the blue style. This is because the beige one was a real PiTA to update and I wanted as little down time as possible. To be honest, I am not 100% sure that I will be bringing it back :)

You can still select between the fixed width style (on by default) or the fluid version which makes better use of your screen space.

Didn't dig it

I ditched the dig system as I thought it sucked.

I will give full details on using the blog system when I can. As with all updates, please let us know if you run into any problems.

nJoy

Glad the diggs have gone, Like the new blogs :idea:

Thanks Sam :hug:

i'm just happy to be here...blue, brown, blog, dig...etc...its all cool...:lol: x Thanks Sam x

Thanks for the updates Sam.
I must be having a blond moment, but I've gone to blog options to set my privacy stuff up. Do you have to put everyone you want to be able to read your blog on your buddy list or else everyone (inc unregistered users) can see it all?
Is there a shorter option so that all registered geeks can still view? Sorry to be a pain in the whatsit.

Hmmm, until I can get to the bottom of that, I have prohibited guests from viewing blogs.

this is like being at your favourite supermarket...

you just get the hang of it...know where all your favourites are...then BAM all change...:lol:

I thought someone had slipped some Gin in my cuppa for a moment...:eek:

I prefer the blue, that beige was like some 70's throwback!

Hmmm, until I can get to the bottom of that, I have prohibited guests from viewing blogs.
Thanks Sam, it did seem a bit long winded didn't it?
I definitely prefer the blue style though, it doesn't feel like my beloved geek site in any other colour.:hug:

Thanks Sam, I thought my oh had been clever for me when I logged on, he often makes things auto for me when I've had him updating my computer:lol:
Much prefer the blue, its easier on my eyes.
Will see if I can manage the blog now:hug:

Yay, the blue is back!! (The beige sucked.) The site has a more homely feel now :green:

Blimey I hope guests cant see bloggs, I'd better delete mine otherwise. If my other half found his way to mine via my temp files etc I'd be in the mire!:eek: I've really appreciated being to have a good whine in my journal from time to time.

I loved the old new look (did that make sense??) but I always liked the blue one too :lol:

Great to see the blue back, although I liked the beige too.

I don't know if it is me, but when you used to click on a users profile you could choose to send them a pager and this seems to have gone. Not moaning, but just an FYI:)

Blimey I hope guests cant see bloggs, I'd better delete mine otherwise. If my other half found his way to mine via my temp files etc I'd be in the mire!:eek: I've really appreciated being to have a good whine in my journal from time to time.
I clicked on 'blogs' before signing in and I had to sign in to view them so don't panic :hug:

:lol: Just got back from the pub, thought for a mo' that I really did have have too much vodka (hic hic) likesh the blue again :lol:

Blue is my favourite colour Sam, and so you have a thumbs up from here! :lol:

When was it beige? Omg im really losing it. Sam i love it and it looks cool thanks sweetie x

it's nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still feels geeky to me!

I must've missed something cos mine has always been blue!!!!

Thanks for the updates

xx

I prefere the blue to the beige a lot better to see.
Thanks sam

Latest posts

Back