Six months!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Just watching Sky news and it seems that this industry might not be permitted to reopen for the next 6 months!
I’m horrified - What are your thoughts....?

I think they’ll re-open most businesses in the summer and then have a second lockdown late Winter when we get the second wave.

I can’t see it being that long but having said that I am very concerned as to how this is all going to pan out .
In a largely female staffed industry and no signs yet of school going back there will be childcare issues and due to this virus it won’t be as easy to have children in the salon.
Coupled with another issue of vulnerable staff which include pregnant staff , what do we do about that say don’t come in ?? It’s not workable as it stands.
I fear that the procedures and restrictions on returning to work may continue to see businesses have to close.
A lot of questions need answering.

Just watching Sky news and it seems that this industry might not be permitted to reopen for the next 6 months!
I’m horrified - What are your thoughts....?

Yes I saw that too. The uncertainty is very scary.
Even if we go back sooner I expect to have to apply so many restrictions, it's going to be like a new job, we won't be able to have as many clients in the salon at the same time, clients will have to leave their children at home, thorough cleaning after every client, possibly work wearing masks ?
Unless the government sorts out much wider testing and tracing who has been in contact with those who have the virus - and they don't look capable of arranging that - we have to accept these restrictions for as long as it takes.

Stop reading the tabloids

Agreed. There are lots of sensationalised news stories out there, which aren’t factual or necessarily accurate, but sell newspapers and raise viewing ratings.

Unless and until there’s official confirmation from the Government, we’re all going to have to sit tight and wait for further directives, both for the workplace as well as socially.

NHBF have just said on their website that it is not official government policy but from only one independent advisory to the government. I am sure it will all change again by tomorrow. Other countries have opened salons so will have to see how that turns out .

I've stopped watching the news unless it's 100% confirmed it was stressing me out too much

Hopefully not

The government of Ireland published their plan to re-open the country yesterday.
There are 5 stages to the process with each new stage happening at 3 week intervals.
They have mentioned Hair & Beauty services opening in Stage 4 which is July 20th.
Schools won’t re-open until September. (bear in mind that Irish schools finish for summer earlier than most schools in the U.K.)

Obviously, if the infection rate shoots up at any point, the plan will be re-visited and lockdown could be resumed.
The plan explains that the govt. is consulting with professional bodies in order to provide suitable risk assessments and guidance before the sector re-opens.

I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel for the end of lockdown now that we have a definite plan to work towards.

Latest posts

Back