Sixtus - Pedicures&manicure Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
Thinking of introducing this as an alternative to some of those vsensitive/contra-indicated clients, I have read the articles/threads on here concerning them, however,

IS anyone using them,

if so does there appear to be much call?

Is it easy to sell to the client?

Done a search on google and a few websites where they are listed on appear to use it for Diabetic clients

Any thoughts however good or bad would be greatfully read

I Use Sixtus, Once You Have Had A Sixtus Pedicure You Will Neaver Look Back. Relaxing.. It Not Just Pampers The Client But It Really Removes All The Hard Skin And Keeps It From Coming Back. There Is Different Creams For Each Foot Problem But Keeping The Hard Skin Away Is The Best One.

At last:lol: its so nice to finally have someone come on here and start talking about treatments for clients with contra indications instead of treating them as if they are lepers:hug:
ANDY WE ARE WINNING:green::green::green:
Sorry hun, its a long standing gripe for Axiom and me.
Could we have a link for that site please.

Back to the original question, if you work with or are willing to work with the elderly, in, residential homes or day care centers then yes from the sound of it, I can think of an instant market for this type of product that would be very popular. I'm sure once you start thinking along these lines you will think of other avenue's to explore:hug:

Sixtus Is Available is available in the uk, pm me for details

Last edited:
They Also Do A Diabetic Pedicure Range Too.
What is it about their diabetic pedicure range that makes it individual and different to the other pedicure ranges available?
I'm genuinely interested as I have pedicure clients who are diabetics?
I'm looking to hear the benefits of the range as opposed to what I currently use which is Creative Spa Pedicure.

The Difference Between Normal Sixtus Pedicure And The Diabetic Range Is The Products Are A Lot More Gentle On The Skin.

1. There Is A Wash Tonic To Use Instead Of Soaking The Feet For Some Clients
2. There Is A Mild Oil For The Clients You Can Soak (be Careful Of The Temp Of Water )
3. The Foot Balms Do Not Contain Lactic Or Salic Acid As The Skin Is Thih On Some Clients

The List Is Endless

The Golden Rule Is Do Not Cut Nails Or Do Cuticle Work Though.

Thanks guys/gals for the replys, I will let you know how I get on:)

The Golden Rule Is Do Not Cut Nails Or Do Cuticle Work Though.
Why ever not?

I always do cuticle work on my diabetic clients and have never had a problem (pedicures, manicures and enhancements), I also use my pro toenail cutters to reduce the length of their toenails when they're too long, using an abrasive would take forever as the nails are thicker than fingernails.

Providing care and caution is taken, I personally don't see why cutting nails and cuticle work should be avoided.

I am happy to undertake man/ped on a diabetic, i look properly at the area and take the care needed whilst doing the treatment, however, if there is any sign of swelling, a nick or anything im wary off, i wont touch the area.

I have always been told myself not to use clippers or any tools on diabetic clients and always advise other therapist too.

THE SKIN IS THINNER AND CAN BREAK EASY
THEY ALSO HAVE AN INCREASED CHANGE OF INFECTION
SOAKING CAN ALSO LEAD TO BURNS AS SOME HAVE DELAYED FEELINGS IN THE FEET AND LEGS AND NUMBNESS
ACCIDENTS ON NIPPING CAN LEAD TO BLEEDING AND CERTAIN DIABETICS THE BLOOD DOES NOT CLOTT QUICKLY AND THIS ALSO CAN LEAD TO PROBLEMS

I AM NOT SURE IF YOU ARE ALSO COVERED BY INSURANCE THIS PROBABLY WOULD NEED CHECKING

MOST DIABETICS KNOW ALL THIS FROM THE DOCTOR AND VISIT CHIROPODISTS AND JUST COME TO THE SALON FOR PAINTING AND MAINTENANCE

I have always been told myself not to use clippers or any tools on diabetic clients and always advise other therapist too.

SOAKING CAN ALSO LEAD TO BURNS AS SOME HAVE DELAYED FEELINGS IN THE FEET AND LEGS AND NUMBNESS
ACCIDENTS ON NIPPING CAN LEAD TO BLEEDING AND CERTAIN DIABETICS THE BLOOD DOES NOT CLOTT QUICKLY AND THIS ALSO CAN LEAD TO PROBLEMS

I AM NOT SURE IF YOU ARE ALSO COVERED BY INSURANCE THIS PROBABLY WOULD NEED CHECKING

MOST DIABETICS KNOW ALL THIS FROM THE DOCTOR AND VISIT CHIROPODISTS AND JUST COME TO THE SALON FOR PAINTING AND MAINTENANCE

Sorry to disagree with you (in part:lol:)

Diabetics its true SOMETIMES suffer with loss of sensitivity in the soles of the feet but if you dip you wrist in the water to test, which you should with any client then there is no problem.
Cutting toe nails is fine. I asked my husbands podiatrist about this and he said its actually better for us to do it because 1 we are trained and 2 we will cut more evenly because we are facing the client
Cuticle work also gets the thumbs up
again 1 we are trained and 2 it is important that its done to ensure that the area is as clean as possible
The main product to stay away from is salt scrubs especially with elderly clients because if salt were left under a nail it could cause ulsters because of that loss of sensitivity and why its especially in the elderly is because they often have problems caring for their own feet, just cant bend down that far anymore:)
Thank you for telling us about the foot care range I will go and look:hug:
Finally EVERY doctors surgery has at least 1 diabetic nurse and if you ring your own doctors surgery, explain why you want to pick her brain and ask when is a good time to call back with your list of questions she/he will be delighted to give you all the correct information you need, there is a great need for pedicure work that the health service just doesn't have the man power to cover. In Northamptonshire a diabetic sees a podiatrist ONCE a year and I have been told that elderly people only see a podiatrist if there is a problem so if regular pedicures can be carried out by us it means far more people never develop the problems that need to be seen by a podiatrist in the first place. The one my husband saw is the one who talked me into offering this as a regular stand alone service and told me to advertise that I treat diabetics and told me to drop my business cards of with him and he'll give them out.

We All Learn Different Things From College.

Sixtus Is A Pedicure Range From Germany And 99% Of Chiropodists Use These Products In Germany. In The Uk It Is Mainly Beauty Salons Which Use The Products. The Actual Owner Of Sixtus Was Also A Chiropodist And Pharmaceutical Designer.

Sixtus Also Recommend Using Different Products Which Are Milder For Diabetic Clients

One This Occasion I Think We Should Agree To Disagree

I'm extremely careful when doing treatments on my diabetic clients and have never caused them an injury of any sort.

None of my clients have ever had an infection due to my work.

I always check the temperature of the water, and even more so with one client in particular who does have loss of sensation in her feet. She loves her pedicures and wouldn't stop having them done.

ACCIDENTS ON NIPPING CAN LEAD TO BLEEDING AND CERTAIN DIABETICS THE BLOOD DOES NOT CLOT QUICKLY AND THIS ALSO CAN LEAD TO PROBLEMS
I don't cut my clients due to being overly careful and cautious... I think that's of the utmost importance in any treatment, but is even more important when doing a treatment for a diabetic client.

Will do.

My diabetic clients have the go ahead from their doctor for treatments, one of them is a beauty therapist and is fully aware of the implications of her medical condition... another diabetic client has been told by her Harley Street doctor that she can do whatever she wants to re pedicures etc, providing she's happy to do so, which she is.
I would like to see all diabetic clients treated the same as non-diabetic clients, providing we are cautious and extra careful, I really don't see what the problem is.

My reply isn't meant to be 'attack-like' but I wanted to get my thoughts across :hug:

I Do Agree... Just Because You Are Diabetic Does Not Mean You Are Different In Anyway Just Like Ms, But My Advise Is Be Careful.

No Hard Feelings Taken, A Good Debate Is Healthy

I have just gone through this thread and IT IS GOOD READING. I understand both points and whether I have diabetic clients or not, I would treat each according to need and assess the situation as I find it ( I think my nursing taught me that)
I think most people want clean healthy feet and body...thats what I am hoping to acheive.:)

sorry

I FOGOT TO PUT THE LIKE ON FOR YOU

Last edited:
Why ever not?

I always do cuticle work on my diabetic clients and have never had a problem (pedicures, manicures and enhancements), I also use my pro toenail cutters to reduce the length of their toenails when they're too long, using an abrasive would take forever as the nails are thicker than fingernails.

Providing care and caution is taken, I personally don't see why cutting nails and cuticle work should be avoided.
I agree with this,therefore if the spa pedicure range is "too active" for a diabetic client,because of lactic and glycolic acid which is in a few of the products i opt for the raw earth range....even though these products do contain ingredients that "slough off" the top layer from the epidermis,and around the cuticle,i feel it is still gentle yet effective for diabetic clients...:)

Thanks for the link, very interesting. I've just started a soak and toenail cutting service for people in sheltered housing. There defiantly seems to be a gap in the market in my area as a lot of people just can't get down to there feet to cut their toenails. Their carers aren't aloud to do it and they end up in a right pickle as they haven't got a foot problem and don't want to pay for a Chiropodist/Podiatrist to come every 3/4 weeks. Its just a question of not being able to reach their feet.

hello the tread makes interesting reading, is there a web site i can look at re the Sixtus products / thanks

The website is old and is being updated currently, sorry in advance

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back