SJK extensions - have they improved?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reply from my supplier :

Hello
We do not go on salon geek as it is full of fake reviews, for honest reviews our facebook page gives plenty from thousands of returning customers as well as a number of celebrities.
We can not cover hair that has been worn abroad as hair worn on holidays leads to a number of issues. We have this is our after care as well. We can take a few strands in for further testing to see what the issue is but if you look up put up a post about wearing hair on holidays on salon geek and you do need to mention any suppliers I am 100% you will get a majority of people warning against it.

My reply to that:

Between myself and *********** Hair Extensions which are part of ********* ***** Aesthetics Inc we have a 10,000 range audience and both run very busy Salons. This has never happened to any of our clients, and the first time I put my trust into SJK I've been very let down.

I also know salon owners in Greece, Crete, Tirana and America whom fit hair extensions in these 'hot holiday' destinations with no ill affect to the bonds or hair extensions if aftercare is followed correctly. I've never had to complain to a supplier before, it's my first time since I became a hair extensions technician 7 years ago. Your company supplies hair for across the world, so how is it they shouldn't be worn abroad? Your company delivers to Egypt, Jamaica, Albania, Spain the list goes on... All these countries get very hot weather and those people who buy from you are in their own country and not abroad so when you say we can not cover hair that has been worn abroad it seems very wrong and contradicting.

My client is asking for a full refund, so I'd like to send you the strand samples please. Could you send instructions on how to do so, I'll also be sending a few strands off to my main supplier so I can get a second opinion on what has gone on with the hair as they so kindly offered.

The reply back from supplier:

Hello Kim,
Yes please send us in samples and we will get those sent of for testing.
We will get the factory to check for sun damage, heat damage, misuse of products, water damage including sea and pool.If you can return these asap we will get to the bottom of it. If there is an issue with that batch we will replace or refund it once we have word back from the factory.

My client had her hair in for 10 days, they are shedding really bad, 1.1g strands are now just a few hairs. The bonds are all intact and in place but the hair extensions just keep shedding.

Happened to me before and I didn't pursue it after getting nothing from them. It was in my own head too, not a clients so I knew I was using the correct maintenance. I should have kept on at them but at the time it was easier for me to cut my losses. If it was a clients head it would be a different matter. I have heard many of the same stories with SJK. I've been noticing that the hair has been shedding a lot, especially the blonde so I'm trying out new suppliers. I like SJK because of the thickness, not sure if there's any point if it sheds so much anyway though! xx

It's the problem I'm left with now for my client. I feel really upset for her but she obviously thinks that I should be refunding her the total cost.

so u are literially having the exact same issue as me! was this recently? well i have personally had to refund my client and will persue them myself for the money back. I cant expect my client to send back (ALL) of the hair and have 0 in return for it and she has a wedding to go to inwhich this hair is clearly not suitable for! its obv not the clients fault as i chose to order from sjk but this is the first and last time ill be using sjk!

iv already said to them that i know they will not admit that their hair is faulty so i think it will be a long fight. i may put a claim in with paypal and go to trading standards if they dont refund me

If your suppliers aftercare says not to wear the extensions abroad I would think its your responsability. I always tell the clients not to. I myself wore a hair planet weft abroad and it was gorgeous at the start. I am not sure if it was the sun or the shower water that made it go into a nest :( I did not even go into the pool! If your clients follow the aftercare there should be no problems. Unless its a bad batch which I have never had with sjk x

If they're not supposed to be worn abroad then why do they post out to traders and clients in those countries. It's contradictory to what they say.

Im not sure, you should ask them that, maybe its the boilers in the hotels or something? Or covering themselves for people going in the pool and sea? Suppose the need to advise against it .I seen a girl saying this before that the old boilers mess up the hair extensions. My own extensions from hair planet were fine until I had a shower, the went into a nest :(

I did ask them and they ignored my question just changing their tune on allowing me to send strands for testing.

We fit extensions for clients getting married abroad without issues I think its down to the hair and how its cared for

I did ask them and they ignored my question just changing their tune on allowing me to send strands for testing.

Did u get a reply yet about the results of testing?

My first response was its the shampoo being used becuse of the solfate. Iv asked for the ingredients in their shampoo and they ignored my question. Iv found quite a lot of companies that sell shampoo for extensions have this ingredient.

Did anyone have and success in their complaint to sjk? I've had absolutely awful issues with my own hair.. (was trying their hair out to possibly use on future clients) I've sent hair off for testing to their factory ect.. but am I just going to get back an excuse? Did she actually help anyone?

I use there wefts luxury AAAA grade they seem to be alright with no apparent issues they seem to last about 5mths plus I tell my clients to use pureology shampoo etc I have noticed they can be a little arse you with there customer service

I'm having issues with my supplier at the moment which has resulted in them asking for photos as I said the hair was extremely dry after a month i tips breaking down to be told from a picture the hair is in good condition so I kicked off because u carnt feel the hair thru a picture they will blame the shampoo but all my clients use pureology shampoo and condition x

ExTend84 im glad im not the only one thats having this issue with them! (not happy for our clients tho) have u spoken to them about it?

iv been messaging them and all they say is its the shampoo my client is using and to use their brand and asked if she has been abroad.

no my client has not been abroad, she had them in a few days and the hair is awful!

iv sent back samples to them and they replied there is nothing wrong with them. iv sent images of it which you can see its clearly not ok. if my client was complaining a month or so down the line they were becoming poor id prob agree it may be down to product use, but 1 was and only a few days wear is defo not product issues. we complained straight away to the company as well.

they have now asked us to send ALL the hair back to the company at our cost, to be tested, no refund or replacement offered at this point so my client is expected to be without hair extensions or money and there is a possibility they are just going to come back and say there is nothing wrong with the hair which will mean my client is at a complete loss!

also i have asked them to advise me on the ingredients in their hair products so i can compare to the products used (ignored this question) also asked for a sample of their shampoo/conditioner to be sent to me so we can do our own test to prove what they are saying is correct (again ignored this question)

i dont agree that any salon brought shampoo/conditioner is going to ruin hair extensions after 1 wash like they say. i usually use glamorous lengths hair and never had problems like this regardless of the shampoo used.
I'd tell them that she uses pureology shampoo & conditioner as this brand it in the top ten for best extension products x

I have had endless amount of problems with SJK I think they have gone down hill. I have had problems with the Nano rings with the wire coming out of the bond I then contacted them which they ignored so I then contacted them via Facebook to which I got a reply. After many messages I took the hair out sent them back to them and they sent me a new set not only were they the wrong colour but labelled as the right colour the same thing happened with the wire coming out. I then put another complaint into them via email and Facebook and they ignored both. I had to open a PayPal claim on them.

The next issue I've had was with the hair matting a lot and very quickly after fitting which I have then had to solve myself aswell as they haven't got back to my messages. I really wish they had a phone number so you could actually talk to someone. They post a lot of pictures up on Facebook which I do not believe all of them are true as they have been posted on other sites aswell. I am now no longer using sjk as I can not keep letting my clients down and having my name look bad because of my bad choice in supplier. Sorry for the lengthy reply but I wanted to explain all the problems I have had with them and it looks like I'm not the only one that has had these problems.

Did anyone have and success in their complaint to sjk? I've had absolutely awful issues with my own hair.. (was trying their hair out to possibly use on future clients) I've sent hair off for testing to their factory ect.. but am I just going to get back an excuse? Did she actually help anyone?

Please read my problems I had below it seems very much like we have had the same problems xx

Euphoria one there wire comes out of the nano rings and there hair has started going really really dry seems hair extension suppliers are starting go a bit down bank

I normally use Sjk for wefts never had any issues

But for nano micro tiny tips and prebonded I use euphoria one and there quality is getting terrible
I've signed up to a few new supplier
Glamlox
Volumized
& roxy hair
Xxxx

I have had endless amount of problems with SJK I think they have gone down hill. I have had problems with the Nano rings with the wire coming out of the bond I then contacted them which they ignored so I then contacted them via Facebook to which I got a reply. After many messages I took the hair out sent them back to them and they sent me a new set not only were they the wrong colour but labelled as the right colour the same thing happened with the wire coming out. I then put another complaint into them via email and Facebook and they ignored both. I had to open a PayPal claim on them.

The next issue I've had was with the hair matting a lot and very quickly after fitting which I have then had to solve myself aswell as they haven't got back to my messages. I really wish they had a phone number so you could actually talk to someone. They post a lot of pictures up on Facebook which I do not believe all of them are true as they have been posted on other sites aswell. I am now no longer using sjk as I can not keep letting my clients down and having my name look bad because of my bad choice in supplier. Sorry for the lengthy reply but I wanted to explain all the problems I have had with them and it looks like I'm not the only one that has had these problems.

There was an instance recently whereby sjk stole an image from another supplier and tried to pass it off as their own hair on their Facebook page, it was brought to everyones attention and they took the image down! very sneaky!

Euphoria one there wire comes out of the nano rings and there hair has started going really really dry seems hair extension suppliers are starting go a bit down bank

I normally use Sjk for wefts never had any issues

But for nano micro tiny tips and prebonded I use euphoria one and there quality is getting terrible
I've signed up to a few new supplier
Glamlox
Volumized
& roxy hair
Xxxx

Hello Sallie,

Thank you for your feedback.

As we understand you have previously mentioned you have used our Indian 4A hair for over 4 years with no issues.

First of all we would like to point out the hair in question is our budget quality Indian 4A range which has a life span of up to 3 months.

We offer 4 other ranges of hair which are higher in quality and have longer life spans.

Regarding our Indian 4A Nano Tip hair, please rest assured our keratin used is very strong and we were not aware that you have had any issues with regards to the wire falling out on the tip.

Regarding the issue you have been experiencing with dryness with our budget range, as we understand you're dealing with a member of staff regarding this issue and we can confirm it has been requested that you return the product to us within the time requested. From the images you have sent, the hair does seem to be in a good standard of condition, however, a member of staff has advised that it is hard to tell the quality of the product from pictures which is why we have requested the hair back for examination.

Kind regards,
Darren
Euphoria One LTD.

The hair has been posted back to u!
Your 4a hair used to be amazing quality it really did the ends & midlengths are dry and look dry the stick tip is breaking down but clearly that's good standing quality
Tuesday a client message me to say her ends were very dry 3 weeks she's been wearing the hair
I'm not sure what is going on with your hair but I can buy 3a hair from a local supplier that is still in fab condition after 6mths
I dnt know if u have changed suppliers yourself but techs carnt keep paying out for hair that is turn naff after a few weeks maybe it's jst a bad batch but never in my life have I ever experienced this like I said before ur hair used to be amazing quality that's why I always bought from u but it's not fun when u have to keep refunding clients because if there hair!

Latest posts

Back