Skeleton Leaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwigirl63

Reaction score
I have been looking through the gallery and came across a set of nails that had a skeleton leaf design. Can some direct me somewhere on a tutorial or someway of doing these?

all you have to do flower, is sculpt or apply clear tip - stick skeleton leaf on (cut to size) then apply clear acrylic over the top

All I can say is thank so much for the website - it is fantastic and WOW I love your nails!!!!!:green:

You're welcome,
Sam Biddle is an amazingly talented artist,
Theres quite a few tutorials on there hunny...have fun with them..

I have a client for skelton leaves in a few weeks, If she doesnt mind I will take step by step pictures and add a tutorial to this site ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what are skeleton leaves? are they kind of like a lace but got a leaf design and are transparent?? sorry just trying to figure it out

what are skeleton leaves? are they kind of like a lace but got a leaf design and are transparent?? sorry just trying to figure it out

no, when a leaf is new it has a coating of green flesh.
the skeleton is what takes nutrients through the leaf to keep it alive.
when the leaf rots, if it has the right conditions, just the green part will dissintegrate and leave the 'skeleton' in tact.
they are generally magnolia leaves but certain other types will work too, usually tougher fleshy leaves.

the resulting skeletons are then dyed or left natural.

Latest posts

Back