Ski slope nails, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubblebabeuk

Reaction score
How do you ladies combat ski slope nails. I have very pronounced ski slope nails on all fingers how would you recommend applying enhancements to these. they slope even when extremely short, I have tried tips, sculpting and even plastic polygel style dual forms!

Could you post a photo of them please?

i think they do this when there natural nails are short and their isn’t much nail bed for the extensions to adhere to

here's a pic

Attachments

• 20180715_083259.jpg
    20180715_083259.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 66
the pink nail was cut super short and done with a tip and dip powder, it's grown out a fair bit so the slope is more exaggerated than on the natural nails.

i think they do this when there natural nails are short and their isn’t much nail bed for the extensions to adhere to

they slope without enhancements on

It’s just how their natural nail grows

Ski slope nails are very common and it’s simply the way they grow and not a lot you can do to prevent it.
I have several clients where at least one nail grows like this and this is what I do ......
The natural nail would need to be cut as short as possible before applying a form to sculpt the enhancement. You’ll need a slightly higher apex to disguise the growth/shape of the nail.
As your nail grows out you would soak off and start again probably every 3rd infill, depending on the speed your nails grow otherwise the nail will still grow upwards and can end up separating from the enhancement at the free edge.

Latest posts

Back