ski slope nails.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
My finger nails are like a ski slope (they don't curve downard) What system of nail enhancements would be recommended. Years ago I had sculpted acrylic nails but it didn't last long, today I'm wondering if its because the nail tech wasn't good with problem nails or my nail shape is not made for sculpting? I'd like to try acrylic enhancements, I just don't know if sculpting is appropriate.

Advise please!

Kat

on ya slopes get ready start........
right with thist ype of nail....
Trin back the free edge, just leaving a tad there..........
pre blend the tip, reduce contact area to a minimum......
no filing and blending needed then........
apply the tip to the nail at a downward angle..........
Check from side view make sure it curves gently down and not pointing towards heaven......... star gazing is fun but not in nails..........
this will compensate for the up jump..........
use a gentle arched tip, use gelbond and then proceed with chosen overlay system.................
Check your apex and view the nail from side angles. it should give the illusion of a perfect nail.................

I wouldn't sculpt as it would make the enhancment look a bit to bulky for my liking, when you try to compensate for the up jump............
hope this helps

Ruth has given you a great answer which is also taught on Makeover Magic Master class - you will also learn to deal with Hook, Fan, Bitten and Flat nails too! ;)

Thats the Master class I am booked on next week Friday...........
Liza here we come...........with Faye and belly in tow..............
Bless her ,she will be my model....the first time in her life that I told her, bitten nails are cool....they are gonna make your Mum a better educated Tech ............

bless her!!!!!

Just a word of advice.

Any client with severe ski-jump nails should be advised that she will need full sets more often than the normal person ... probably every 2-3 months. Obviously the growth pattern of the natural nail will stay the same and the nails will continue to ski as they grow out. This can cause problems if the natural nails get too long beneath the enhancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back