Skill swap groups

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Have any of you got any 'Skill Swap' groups nearish to you?

There's one in my region & while I've been a member for ages, I've never really bothered that much with it.

However, I'm wanting to change a few things with my products/skincare business & have managed to swap some photography & copy writing for treatments and/or products.

For anyone on a limited budget it's a fantastic concept :)

I've never heard of it. But it sounds like a really good idea.

Can't we get a Salon Geek version going? I'd have swapped that logo-change I did with you the other day for some products to keep my Mrs sweet :)

I've never heard of it. But it sounds like a really good idea.

Can't we get a Salon Geek version going? I'd have swapped that logo-change I did with you the other day for some products to keep my Mrs sweet :)

Well, I will be needing some design work doing when I get my photos & copy writing done :)

*taps nose.

Good idea though isn't it? there must be people who live close enough to do a massage in return for a waxing- for example? I'm all for community things like that. I'll be growing my own veg soon!

I would def be up for this.

My main skills are remedial massage.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

If you google 'LETS' schemes in your area you should be able to find something locally.

http://www.liverpool.letslink.org/members/info/how_does_it_work.php

Last edited:
im just on the service swaps page on SG, seems to work ok

Leanne
X

It's a bit like barter card. You get like points for your services and then you can spend your points with someone else! My friends mum managed to pull of nearly a whole wedding with it!!

The tax man has issues with this idea. Legally you are only supposed to swap things which arent your trade and you dont normally get paid for. Tax man sees it as income doesnt matter that no money had changed hands. Sorry to be a party pooper but i thought u should know .
Doesnt mean you cant swap other skills , cake baking , dog walking etc .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The tax man has issues with this idea. Legally you are only supposed to swap things which arent your trade and you dont normally get paid for. Tax man sees it as income doesnt matter that no money had changed hands. Sorry to be a party pooper but i thought u should know .

May I ask why this is? Sounds a bit bizarre, especially if your not using your own products etc.xx

Is it really seen as an income if no money passes hands?

That's barmy !

I swap my time with a photographer friend so I have photoshoots done for free and she doesn't have to pay me for her hair ups I do for her shoots :)

I thought LETS schemes were considered as a 'gift economy' rather than a 'cash economy' which makes them fundamentally different (and avoids this issue!!)......?

Latest posts

Back