Skin Care..Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie49

Reaction score
Hi to all you skin geeks, I'm looking for some help. Nothing new there :confused:
I started a diet a couple of weeks ago, which is going great, and I am drinking loads of water. Unfortunately the downside is I have a breakout of little red spots..and a few blackheads.
I am assuming its all impurities coming out, I don't normally suffer from spot's and never from blackheads.
Anyway I would love to go for a nice purifying facial, but as I have never had 1 I don't know where to start. I had skin mapping done at Excel and was given some freebies, that seem really nice.
Would you recommend Dermalogica, and can anyone recommend a beauty salon in the Leicester area Thanks in advance :hug::hug: x

Anyone out there that can help me please :cry: x

Sorry Suzie, only just seen this post.

When did the blackheads and spots start? Was it when you began your diet or only very recently?

Also, what is it about your diet which has changed apart from drinking loads of water? Is it a healthy eating plan or a specific diet eg. Cambridge Diet?

Some more info would be helpful as these are the sort of questions a beauty therapist would ask. Have you changed anything in your routine skin care perhaps which could be contributing to the spots and blackheads?

Drinking loads of water will help to rehydrate your skin and flush your system (done by your kidneys), but it won't cause spots and blackheads.

Thanks for your reply Tracy.
I am doing 1 of the Tesco diet plans. All healthy eating..fruit, vegetables, less saturated fats, in fact I eat more now than ever before I struggle to use all my intake up.
Before the diet I never added sugar to anything anyway, but do have a sweet tooth and had lots of cakes and chocolate...other than that I survived on Cereal and Soup :)
The outbreak started about a week after I started the diet,that's why I assumed it was to do with the diet.
Other than a little light exercise nothing else has changed I can think of. :hug:

Sometimes a change in your eating habits - especially when switching to a more healthy regime - can cause your skin to have a little purge. It will probably get better all by itself, although regular facials and a good homecare routine are always a good thing :)

I wish I was closer :hug:

are you doing regular chemical Peels to help your skin exfoliate?
You say "you never suffer from blackheads". have you changed your homecare?
Alot of OTC's cause problems for clients (thats how Estheticians stay in business:))
Sometimes hormonal fluctuations cause pimples and breakouts.

Like I said, helping the skin to shed the dead layer and keeping your pores clean is best done with a chemical exfoliation (AHA's and BHA's)

Thanks for your reply Tracy.
I am doing 1 of the Tesco diet plans. All healthy eating..fruit, vegetables, less saturated fats, in fact I eat more now than ever before I struggle to use all my intake up.
Before the diet I never added sugar to anything anyway, but do have a sweet tooth and had lots of cakes and chocolate...other than that I survived on Cereal and Soup :)
The outbreak started about a week after I started the diet,that's why I assumed it was to do with the diet.
Other than a little light exercise nothing else has changed I can think of. :hug:
I am not familiar with the Tesco diet. Fruit and veg are great as is eating less saturated fat, but are you getting enough protein? Where is your protein intake coming from? Is your diet consisting of a broad range of vitamins which can be found in protein type foods, as skin problems can develop if these are lacking in the diet?

Are you exfoliating once or twice a week? This can help to eliminate black heads a spots. On top of eating healthily and drinking plenty of fresh water, exfoliating helps to renew skin cells and clear clogged pores.

Latest posts

Back