Skin care for 13 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
My Daughter is 13 and her skin on her face is very dry and flakey but oily on her nose what's the best skin care range for her to use x

I would take her to see a skin care therapist to make sure they prescribe the correct range for her. We on this post can't see your daughters skin and can't make decisions for you. Other then recommend .

If a young child has dry skin the. Best to make sure there are no other underlying issues prior to starting any product range.

If it was my daughter I wouldn't muck about

Really? I just think it's typical teenage skin spots and dryness seems to be quite normal I would think ? Maybe if there are any other mums on here that might have any recommendations ?

I use environ sebuwash range for ours and that works very well it's not drying on the skin. Infact it is less drying then their regular range gel cleanser.

Dermologica do some really good skin kits. The oily skin kit might be good because it comes with a moisturiser and the cleanser and toner will target the oilyness.

Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day is what I'm supposed to say but even if it's just done as part of a morning routine this would be a good start (on young skin I think more than once per day can sensitise it).

I've given this advice without seeing the skin but from your description I feel that what I've advised could be helpful :)

What is your daughter currently doing to her skin?

Products used & frequency of use? What's her diet like?

It could be as simple as a little tweak.

I'm pretty sure it's a mixture of things diet & hormones she eats pretty well though she doesn't use anything on it at the moment sometimes clearacil face wash but I think that's too much for her skin. Someone told me about a range called la Rocha posay or something like that she said her dermatologist recommends it for teenage skin

My 14 year old daughter has acne. My 'thing' is skin care and I've used Decleor for 20 years. She is extremely fit and I'm careful what they eat but I was really concerned when her skin broke out and took her to my beautician and she recommended Dermalogica clear start. It was great initially until her hormones and teenage laziness really kicked in. Today she was prescribed a lotion by our GP but I found the Dermalogica kit good but you'd need to get advice as to which ones to use. It's a nice girly day out for you both! [emoji4]

I had teenage acne and my friend had the odd spot (was always cystic) and very dry skin with oily nose. It's normal to be oily on the nose. I'd treat her main concern which is the dry and flaky skin and then use products to help reduce the shiny nose e.g. A matifying lotion. Products from the GP can be very drying on the skin. It's likely to be hormonal and will regulate. X

My son is 14 years old having worked with Dermalogica in the past I love their Start range and I've started my son on the cleanser, scrub and overnight clearing skin I purchased the little trial kit so perhaps try this for your daughter, it's hard because they get so down .

Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back