Quantcast

Skin care products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

rubydooby

Reaction score
can any one recommend to me some good skincare products to invest in. i am starting up my own business, workin on my own so need a good product to use.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hello there

I had the same sort of situation until a week ago I have been mobile for 4yrs in Aromatherapy and Reflexology, did a beauty therapy course last yr and have decided to work from home.

so like you have been pondering around the internet asking anyone who would recommend a good product did the research windled it down to three

1.Prairada... nice but thought texture was a bit thick though smelt nice
2. Susan Monylex really nice product but start up cost was £599 a bit much i thought
3> Eve Taylor absolutly fantastic that is what I have gone for and recieved it yesturday,, Smells Great, Lovely to work with, NO start up costs cost me £490 THAT was with Full Product Range plus Retail range and then I got the Aromatherapy kit for £55 Bargain id say Mum loves it already lol

So id say go for Eve Taylor as you dont have to hava mininum order just buy what u want when u want it, could,nt as for more than that FANTASTIC :)

bombini

Reaction score
I think it depends on where you work (rented room, own salon, home salon, spa etc)

Most beauty salons in town centres have a big name range to entice clients eg, Decleor, Dermalogica, Elemis etc I am kicking myself that I didn't spend more in the first place to get a well known range !

I would contact all the companies you are interested in for samples and price lists and take it from there depending on which ones you like.

oey

Reaction score
I also recommend that you you do a search on the skin care forums on here as there has been hundreds of discussions on this with loads of useful info on them.

Doing a search will help you to find your way around here too.

JudithW

Reaction score
No easy answer to this one. Your starting point is your budget so if you're working from home rather than a salon then you probably couldn't consider the big name ranges as they usually have a start up of a couple of thousand pounds. If you're starting up a salon then go for one of the known names like those suggested above. I like Dermalogica.

The other range I trained on was Environ. Their products are fantastic and when I trained, the start up was only £500 and the minimum order was £100. I've no idea if that has changed since then as it was 5 years ago.

Latest posts