Skin Care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Cockle

Reaction score
Hey Everyone 👋

just a personal question. I use sunbeds and love being at the beach, I only use them in the summer and it makes me face really greasy.
I know it’s a damage/protection response.
I don’t want to stop using the tanning beds as I feel better when I use them, but I break out on my chin and my face gets really shiny.

does anyone have any recommendations on what I can use to reduce sebum?

I currently use Neutrogena naturals purifying face cleanser. Then Garnier organic perfecting toner. Then a no7 face cream.
That’s pretty much my whole routine other than eye night cream sometimes. It doesn’t change winter or summer. (I’m 35)

Any advice greatly recieved xx

TheDuchess

Reaction score
Most over the counter products don’t actually change skin because that would make them a medical product - your only getting the most superficial changes (next week”s skin a few days early) Using an astringent product to remove sebum will just irritate your skin and potentially make it sensitive. You could try witch hazel as a toner or orange flower water.

Vitamin A has a balancing effect on sebum levels. You can take it orally in supplements and apply it topically in products - many vitamin A products make your skin photosensitive so they are not recommended for sun bed users.

An Environ salon will be able to give you more specific advice in a face to face or virtual consultation. It’s best to see one near you if you want a professional facial. I’d also suggest a Jane Iredale mineral make up product as well. You might also like to try Skinade drinks. They do an A&D derma defence which is very popular.

Latest posts