Skin experts help me please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadexx10

Reaction score
I am sorry if I am in the wrong forum but I haven't been on salon geek for a while and just need some advice please!!
I have had bad skin since being on cerazette for two years without being taken off use to acne.
I was put on Yasmin when I realised the pill had caused my skin problems but my skin was already ruined by that time due to my using all different products trying to fix it.
While I was pregnant my skin was great and now my baby is 9 months old I am on a new pill due to Yasmin being bad for heart and my skin is a nightmare again! It is extremely dehydrated and my skin is congested and horrible. I have combination skin and no make up will last. I am using the neutrogena grapefruit wash and oil fee moisturiser.
Can anybody help me fix my skin or at least explain to me how my skin works so that I can try to fix it.
The problem with going to all these different counters is they just want to sell you their own products and only have training on their own products so can't advise properly.
Tia
Jade

Maybe it's a hormone in the contraceptive pill that is causing you the problem?!
I am allergic to a certain hormone which is in the pill, implant & injection, although it doesn't ruin my skin (don't want to go into too much detail at it isn't pleasant 😐) but since I had the coil .... No problems at all!!

Maybe it's worth a think ... Especially as you said when you were pregnant (obviously no contraception) your skin was great ... But once back on it ....
Xx

I am sorry if I am in the wrong forum but I haven't been on salon geek for a while and just need some advice please!!
I have had bad skin since being on cerazette for two years without being taken off use to acne.
I was put on Yasmin when I realised the pill had caused my skin problems but my skin was already ruined by that time due to my using all different products trying to fix it.
While I was pregnant my skin was great and now my baby is 9 months old I am on a new pill due to Yasmin being bad for heart and my skin is a nightmare again! It is extremely dehydrated and my skin is congested and horrible. I have combination skin and no make up will last. I am using the neutrogena grapefruit wash and oil fee moisturiser.
Can anybody help me fix my skin or at least explain to me how my skin works so that I can try to fix it.
The problem with going to all these different counters is they just want to sell you their own products and only have training on their own products so can't advise properly.
Tia
Jade

I'd recommend seeking out a Dermalogica therapist for free face mapping skin analysis so they can see your skin up close & advise you correctly, just go to Dermalogica uk website & put your postcode into the locator for your nearest one. Your skin will have changed due to pregnancy hormones, but also it sounds like your maybe experiencing side effects from the pill, I'd start by treating your main concerns, but as above a consultation & face mapping will help x

Latest posts

Back