Skin flare up again after doing a set of nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi im fed up this morning again,its partly my fault aswell,but i did a set of nails last night as a favour they were just french white tips and gel overlay with nail art for xmas party tonight.
Anyway as mentioned before iv got dogy skin,i bought one of the fan extractors that sit on ya desk then put ya hand over it from ebay £20,but it makes it a little high for me to work on so i didnt use it last night {forgot as havnt done a set for months now:sad:.
I dont know wether it is the products im using or the filing dust,i would say the dust,im only trained in gel/silk aswell so now im thinking of giving up nails and just doing mani/pedi and beauty as this is doing my head in every time i do nails.When iv done pedis and they have there colour on then i gel overlay i dont get it so i think its not the products,so do you think its the dust from filing the plastic tips as i know it goes everywhere.
Can acrylic do the same as i dont know nothing about acrylic,wanted a course on it but my college dosnt do it,any advice would be great thanks xx

I have the same problem, Its overexposure to either the liquid or dust from the L&P.
I now use a tubi grip over the hand that get affected and it seems to do the trick. I cant work wearing rubber gloves and find the tubi grip to be excellent at stopping the dust from settling on my skin and my fingers are still free to do all I need to do to complete the service.
HTH
Jen:green:

It is easily done to touch your face when you have dust on your hands or even product. When your starting with L & P or anything your concentrating so hard and ensuring nothing gets onto the clients skin it is easy to swipe the brush on one of your own fingers. Dust is the worse offender try and wash your hands before touching your face and see if that helps :) Good luck x

hi hun. Poor you. I have the same problem and it happens when i use both thd silk and l&p systems. It was worse wen i was pregnant. I use a barrier cream from boots and it works brill. Just bought a new tube today. If you need more info just pm me. Hth X

my hubby has just this minute suggested the same thing is to put a barrier cream on before i start,nice one ill PM tomorow as my face is burning so im gona bed n take some more piriton.
Its not too bad now but still up i was gona go out tonight but not like this,also that sfunny that as my skin started to flare up 6 n half years ago when i was pregnant with my son! strange it has sent my skin very dodgy.

Thanks ill get back to you tomorow when i can see more lol

Thanks for the other replys aswell xx

Latest posts

Back