skin geek needs advice from hair geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyfreak

Reaction score
Hi.

Im hoping someone can give me some recommendations. im looking for a good shampoo,conditioner and heat protector to take on holiday with me. My hair is not coloured but it is quite dry/damaged and porous,however it also needs washing daily as it feels dirty quickly. I also have a sensitive scalp and highly perfumed products make my head itch like mad :cry:

Can anyone help?

heloo there, i have the same problem i cannot use shampoos such as herbal essances or panten, i go for shampoos without alcohol in, as that dries out the hair i can get away with head and shoulders but always alow a month with the new shampoo and conditinor you use. i started using salon shampoo i get from my local warehouse but id wasnt taking my itchy scalp away untill the 3rd week! then it was magic x

Hi.

Im hoping someone can give me some recommendations. im looking for a good shampoo,conditioner and heat protector to take on holiday with me. My hair is not coloured but it is quite dry/damaged and porous,however it also needs washing daily as it feels dirty quickly. I also have a sensitive scalp and highly perfumed products make my head itch like mad :cry:

Can anyone help?

many of us are going to offer product based ranges on what we know and have worked with....
me becasue i use them and know them is clynol range.
revive - is a repairing shampoo
recovery is a repairing conditioner (use only on mid to ends of the hair not the roots)
i also like to use a leave in conditoner spray called dream.
as for heat protection clynols heat protective spray (FLATTER)protects to 220 oC.
go and see your local hairdresser too, she will have a look at your hair and tell you the best products she/he sells which will help you
hth

Thanks for your replies so far.

I understand you can only recommend what you use personally or what you work with but thats fine with me i just want some ideas.

My hairdresser,who comes to my house uses herbal essence!

also recomending a product i work with but tigi superstar range of shampoo is great for coloured hair, it is very light and removes build up and grease and the conditioner although light enough to not make hair lank, makes it soft and shiny. . it is also sulphate free which can be a major irritant to sensitive scalps. . as for heat protection tigi catwalk spritz and shine is very good and has UV filters too. . i hope that sounded more like help than a sales pitch hahaha xx

Latest posts

Back