Skin grazing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I did a brow wax on a lady yesterday and I noticed as I was doing her nails (10 minutes after the treatment) that her redness hadn't gone down and that I had grazed her skin. I did a full consultation and tested the heat of the before applying, stretched the skin, applied plenty of talc, so I must have applied the wax too far down.

My manager then told me this morning that she could sue me and the company, and I am worried that this could mean if she does that I may loose my job.

Could anyone give me any advice please, I'm terrified!

Let me reassure you that sometimes this just happens. There are many things that make it happen, like the client is hot, the skin is moist, they're on roaccutane or they're using a topical cream with vitamin a. You can check all these things, ask all the right questions and then it just happens. As long as you've done everything right you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Nice that your manager is being so supportive (!).

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Vic x

Sometimes, no matter all the precautions you take, some people have reactive skins. I've got to know which of my clients can take a brow wax and which can't and I treat them accordingly, so reactive types get tweezed only. The first time you do someone is always nerve wracking.

Latest posts

Back