Skin help, does anyone know what this could be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickylou1989

Reaction score
Hi all,

My client has been suffering with this rash on the side of her feet and heels for a few months. The doctors said they can’t see anything [emoji53] really how can they not see anything.

She said it’s itchy and sore and it’s waking her up during the night. It’s worse at night or when she sits down.

She has tried lots of things already and is desperate.

Do any of you have any ideas what it could be?

I have a few ideas. I have suggested trying to soak her feet in Epsom salts to see if that helps too.

1e11a8259a156c65800b88eaf89c6735.jpg

Could be any number of things....perhaps your client ought to return to their gp with this photo?

To be honest I can't see much there either. A few red marks but nothing really obvious. Perhaps it's my eyes?

Contact dermatitis perhaps? Has she changed washing powders or skin creams?

I'd also go back to GP. In the mean time a pharmacist would be able to advise on suitability of OTC products for her to try.

She should be consulting a Dr or pharmacist but to me it looks like it could be related to her circulation.

Perhaps they will suggest a 1% hydrocortisone cream to apply am & pm to relive the itching.

Could be any number of things....perhaps your client ought to return to their gp with this photo?

She has sent pictures but had no such luck. The pictures don’t really pick it up to be honest. Thank you for your help

To be honest I can't see much there either. A few red marks but nothing really obvious. Perhaps it's my eyes?

Contact dermatitis perhaps? Has she changed washing powders or skin creams?

I'd also go back to GP. In the mean time a pharmacist would be able to advise on suitability of OTC products for her to try.

The pictures don’t really show it to be honest. I thought a change of products but she says she hasn’t changed anything. I also thought maybe circulation as she does suffer with her heart but always has but this only broke out a few months ago. Thank you.

She should be consulting a Dr or pharmacist but to me it looks like it could be related to her circulation.

Perhaps they will suggest a 1% hydrocortisone cream to apply am & pm to relive the itching.

I thought the same about circulation as she has problems with her heart too. I have told her to go to the chemist to see what they think if the Dr isn’t helping. Thank you for your help.

Hi all,

My client has been suffering with this rash on the side of her feet and heels for a few months. The doctors said they can’t see anything [emoji53] really how can they not see anything.

She said it’s itchy and sore and it’s waking her up during the night. It’s worse at night or when she sits down.

I have a few ideas. I have suggested trying to soak her feet in Epsom salts to see if that helps too.

She needs to see Dr again. Could be allergy, has she changed shoes recently? Could be fungal.
Keep us updated with the results.

I'm obviously not a doctor but it looks a bit like Dyshidrotic eczema. Does she get little bumps filled with fluid?

Hi all,

Hi, it took me a while to see but it looks a lot like scabies. When there is no crust yet it can be very itchy.

I'm obviously not a doctor but it looks a bit like Dyshidrotic eczema. Does she get little bumps filled with fluid?

Good one, I’ve never heard of it. My family all has eczema but I just get those little things sometimes.

I've just come across this and it looks exactly what I suffer with and my doctor said it's prickly heat...I suffer all through the year but they said it's something to do with my pores...!? What helps me though is keeping my feet literally as dry and cool as possible!!! I even sleep with my feet uncovered, fully dry after showering and I find that using nothing works best as using creams seams to activate it! It keeps me up at night sometimes too...I was beginning to think I was so weird so I'm glad I'm not the only one...I know it's an old thread but thought I'd chip in! Of course it could be something else entirely haha!!! Xx

Does she have pets? It could be flea bites as they typically appear on the feet and ankles in humans if the fleas are in the carpet.
Difficult to suggest that to her, I know, but it’s not only dirty homes where fleas affect pets. Particularly cats.

Latest posts

Back