skin.....i want skin like girls aloud how do ya do it !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're most welcome:!:
But...... "Vicky" is a four letter word in my house :lol: I DETEST being called "Vicky" :lol::lol:

You can call me Red, Vic, Victoria, or even B***h (which I take as a compliment, by the way LOL) but please never Vicky.

I still luv ya though (until you call me it again:smack: :lol:)

OOOps sorry Vic. I get it. LOL. :hug:

Well.... I do think a good routine is important...

But yesterday I took delivery of my new Supercover make-up and I got 'made over' by Zaf Ansari, he completely camouflaged my broken capillaries and rosacea, and he contoured my face (wow!) and I would say the finish was pretty flawless. Although maybe a bit heavy for daytime.

Walked up the after school club and the supervisor said, ' don't take this the wrong way but you look YOUTHFUL!'

If you are reading this Gabi, how did I look? (Be kind please, I'm very fragile, lol)

I might bring some with me when I visit you Amb xx

P.S. I tried it myself this morning, didn't bother with the contouring just a nice even layer of foundation applied with a foundation brush to a damp skin (spritzed) ... I was pretty happy :)

That's my two penneth

Zo Zo
aka Haggard Bag

Well,i have to say you looked really flawless afterwards Zoe,and the eye colours ascentuated your baby blues nicely:green:

Going back to what Amber asked.....maybe a skin care routine would be a good start Amber....i was flabbergasted you use hand cream on the face:eek:

Just cleansing and TONING,cant stress enough about toning,and a good moisturiser....and this is from someone who uses about 8 products and my routine takes less than 3 mins:eek:.....so there is NO excuse!!

As for these singers,who ever they are called....they have make up artistts,digital photos,and do not portray a true image:mad:

I have to say,i was impressed with Super cover,and did not know that its used on BBC dramas like casualty.

If there was one product,well actually 2 Amber,i would go for the Spritz spray to moisturise,then apply the base foundation from Super cover,and you could also ascentuate under your eyes with some highlighter and on the cheek bone to give that "super model" look:)....right on that note Zoe,i want to purchase some myself:eek::lol::lol:

Thanks Vicky, I am sure this was the real thing. I have heard of many and use (at the mo) Boots 17 Protect & perfect which is lovely and does smooth out fine lines etc if used regularly. I am just waiting for my client to txt back with name. I did a search last night and did not find anything that sounded remotely like what I was reading about.

....I think I saw this advertised in the daily mail but cam't remeber myself what it was called...do tell when your client has text you back

ATHENA that was it ...definetly on my christmas wish list x

A lot of companies advertise products like this. It could be 'anything.
Avon has a new product line "ANew" and they make the same claims... (Mind you, I've seen some of this stuff actually make a difference!) but I dont know all the in's and outs of these claims and I certainly haven't tested all the products.

There ARE sites that test products and give feedback. Seek them out and search out their products to see what everyone's feedback is.

Maybe that will help?
Here's one of them
Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Cosmetics, matching "beauty" at Epinions.com

I used the Anew Clinical Eye Lift the one with the two creams and it burnt my skin. I looked awful and had to go to the doc to get pils and cream, it took about a month to go away.

I am sure it works for some people but not for me.

Trish:hug:

Sorry was just reading through posts to see if anyone had tried ATHENA yet, then saw your last post Marlise.
Apparently the Daily Mail article stated that this product would be on sale (around £50) in the U.K. in time for Christmas at a well known Pharmacy in the larger stores only "can only think that means Boots". It isn't in my local yet but then again it prob wont be as the Boots by me is only little. I might do a search again.....

hiya there, well i'm 30 and i tend to use a eye cream in the morning use a eye gel under the eye to help with bags and puffiness and the cream on the upper eyelid to help with lids and wrinkles, i also use a night cream to help moistuize my cream thoughout the night, and a daycream as i have combination skin so sometimes it feels drier than others, i also use a facial wash and exfolitalier twice a week to get rid of any dead skin cells so my skin (hopefully looks) brigther. Hope this helps!

i totally ADORE mulitvitamin power masque from dermalogica, its great for the morning after the night before! why not pop into your local salon and get a prescription facial done? also (and i know its a faff at first) but try to cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturise at least once a day, and as the other geeks said drink oodles of water! i'd also suggest going along to your local colleges salon and try out treatments such as microdermabrasion or iotophorisis - these can cost a lot in a salon, but if you're lucky a beauty student could use you as a case study and you'll probs get the treatment for free!

and just to repeat - GA are airbrushed to within an inch of their lives! so buy a bitchy mag that has pics of them looking rough, it'll make you feel better lol :)

I would love healthy looking skin....mine looks like ****,
I have bags under my eyes...dark patches..acne and acne scars....massive enlarged pores...little red vein things around my nose...
I'm getting wrinkles on my head and smile lines,
I HATE MY FACE :irked:

I dont have a regular skin rountine hense all above probably,
I do buy lotions and potions but usually cheapy ones...which is probably why they dont work...so I give up and stop using them,

I always say I will go and have someone professional look at my skin and just buy the products they recommend...but as most mums...something else always comes before me !

I don't want to be beautiful or a model...I just want nice healthy clean looking skin..

I have bags under my eyes...dark patches..acne and acne scars....massive enlarged pores...little red vein things around my nose...

I do buy lotions and potions but usually cheapy ones...which is probably why they dont work...so I give up and stop using them,

I always say I will go and have someone professional look at my skin and just buy the products they recommend...but as most mums...something else always comes before me !

I don't want to be beautiful or a model...I just want nice healthy clean looking skin..
Hells bells Emmsy, I bet you look great, at my age it is far more scary. My album comes with a government health warning:green::green::green:

i am always complimented for my skin but it can be a tad bit oily sometimes

and whilst i do cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day, exfoliate and steam once a week, i use a cleanser and toner from superdrugs own brand cost about £1.99 each and i moisturise with astral

i eat healthily but i also like to eat quite a bit of junk too

don't even bother to worry about what these stars look like as it the finished product is more than often digitally enhanced. get some professional skincare advice and makeup lessons

Ems have you tried Body Shop Vitamin E cream?? It has worked wonders for my skin and you only need a little bit! Cant remember how much it was, wasnt expensive though. And also a drop of solar oil botted onto damp skin before bed has worked wonders aswell!
I feel your pain with the whole spots thing, I have scars from my teens that WONT fade, does my head in, but I make the most of what Ive got! LOL!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ems have you tried Body Shop Vitamin E cream?? It has worked wonders for my skin and you only need a little bit! Cant remember how much it was, wasnt expensive though.
actually hun funny you should say that lol, I have loads.....I was a bodyshop consultant for a little while..
I did find my skin was good when using them...but i sort of got a bit lost in what to use and what I didnt need to use..and it all started to feel like a bit of a mission,
I do have a little bit of toner and moisturiser left..the night and day creams..the eye and neck creams, the face mist..and a couple of vitamin e body butters lol ...

Just not sure what to use and when and all that lot

my skin is utter pants of pants,
what i have found thats gives my skin a bit of life.....(i have huge pores on my cheeks, spider veins and all together rough as a dog look going on)
i use body shops vit c serum then vitamin e day cream.....i exfoliate every other day(most important thing to me it really shows when i dont)...apart from my pants skin i am a smoker which has taken the ooomf out of my skin and the vit c and e give it a good radiant look....and i am really impressed, i am not into all this anti wrinkle stuff at all, i dont buy any of that .
so its just vitamin c serum and e day cream, and i use the day cream at night too, as i have combination skin and find night creams to rich for me.

LOL I started the whole Solar Oil on my face things way before I became a Nail Technician, a friend who is a nail tech told me that she used it and it helped her skin, so I though why not?! Honestly cant see its that funny surely??

Ems, I would do what Joanne has suggested, and does herself, just get into a routine. When I first started my routine my skin was quite red for a couple of days as I was rubbing something or or taking something off twice a day, but after 2 days it settled down.

Hi just had a txt from the client I mentioned earlier the attached link is what I read about. Any opinions thoughts? Before I change my xmas wish list.

www.wrinklecreamsreview.com/athena-wrinkle-cream-reviewhttp://www.wrinklecreamsreview.com/athena-wrinkle-cream-review

I wouldn't waste your money.

I tried this just before Xmas and it's horrible.

Don't get me wrong it does what it says, but as soon as you make any facial expression, it looks like dried egg white on your face.

I've tried using the smallest amount and still get this lovely effect.

Oh well the good news is, if you don't like youget a full refund - got mine back on my card last week.

Emmsybabes I can't believe you wrote that! Presume that is your good self in your avatar - you look lovely babes!

Latest posts

Back