skin.....i want skin like girls aloud how do ya do it !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Well apart from turn the clock back:green:

Ok so you get up in the morning....skin's not playing ball.

It looks tired...bags under eyes....fine lines now look DEEP LINES:cry: and PUFFINESS.

Whats the quick fix?

My skin care routine consists of splash on face with cold water and whichever moisturiser is at hand (could be hand cream:eek:)

I see all the peeps on the tv with lovely glowing skin.....HOW DO I GET THAT:green:

What make up gives that lovely glowing coverage?

THANKYOU kind geeks !!

AMb x

Its called personal assistant.. hair and makeup people on standby.. Its called living only for how you look and come across to others.. no kids to run around after (you have a nanny for that) Its called spray tan and camouflage makeup.. soft lighting.. retouches.. touch ups.. I mean look at some of these people with no make-up.. some look terrible.. yet they scrub up alright!

a good spray tan once a fortnight.. face tan mixed with moisturiser every morning.. a good eyebrow waxing.. and i feel great! take that away from me and i look and feel like death warmed up!:green:

think LG said it all.

at the end of the day, Girls Aloud may appear for 3 minutes on the screen to promote the single.

They will have been at the studio for 3 hours before that to have their faces trowelled with super strength polyfilla make-up and shiny products on their hair to make it look fab.

Now, thats just in the studio.

they spend the rest of their lives, preening, having lots of beauty treatments, watch EVERYTHING that they eat, exercise and obsess over how they look.

What we are getting are false impressions. Even Kate Winslet had her body airbrushed in a magazine to look better.

How can we compete with people who's full time job is to look good and have the money and the helpers to do it?

I listen to Chris Moyles on Radio 1, he says that guests turn up with an entourage to appear on radio, imagine the entourage when they appear on TV.

When Posh Spice had her docu on herself, she had her hairdresser and beauty therapist MOVE IN WITH HER!!!!

I always remember making a comment to my mum on the fact that she was the same age as Joan collins and why didn't she look like that?! See above for the kind of answer I got.

I always remember making a comment to my mum on the fact that she was the same age as Joan collins and why didn't she look like that?! See above for the kind of answer I got.

I remember Joan Collins appeared in a pop video quite a few years ago (can't remember the band) and she went without any makeup. OMG suddenly she looked older than her age, and not the young thang she looks like on TV. Do these makeup artists have a trowel in their makeup kit to get the skin looking so smooth?

The only person I think always looks great is The Queen, she has amazing skin and her makeup never looks trowelled on!

Joan Collins was in the Badly Drawn boy video so remember she looked as rough as badgers backend.

But Girls aloud look great in their videos because most of the pics are digitally enhanced.

But for a day to day look try a illuminating product on cheek bones and blend or an illuminating foundation to give a dewy look. Try a pink blusher instead of loads of bronzing powder (we all do it) but a little bronzer followed by a subtle pinky blush looks good.

Be sparing with any sort of shimmery product though cos too much will make you look like a space man.

Clarins beauty flash balm and Gatineau laser day moisturiser are good for giving the skin a youthful dewy look too.

hths

Paula

oo'er anyone remember Jamie lee curtis when she did that spread in a magazine? one page was how she looks normally.. and one page is how she looked after the make-up hair and then re-touch digital artists had finished with her! was a breath of fresh air!

amber you have great skin...its always got a glow !!!

Well apart from turn the clock back:green:

Ok so you get up in the morning....skin's not playing ball.

It looks tired...bags under eyes....fine lines now look DEEP LINES:cry: and PUFFINESS.

Whats the quick fix?

My skin care routine consists of splash on face with cold water and whichever moisturiser is at hand (could be hand cream:eek:)

I see all the peeps on the tv with lovely glowing skin.....HOW DO I GET THAT:green:

What make up gives that lovely glowing coverage?

THANKYOU kind geeks !!

AMb x

Just go back to bed Amb. It's quicker!:green:

I'm waiting for someone to say Solar Oil:lol:

There's no skincare routine that will produce the same look that makeup gives. Looking after your skin will provide a god base and ensure any makeup you apply will look as fab as possible.

I would recommend you invest in a makeup lesson with a local makeup artist. She will be able to recommend lots of products and techniques, as well as the best way to prep your skin for makeup. :green:

Surely a good cleanse, tone, moisturise routine (and perhaps an additional eyecream) plenty of sleep and the odd facial would help, ................... cummon girls, don't let an old man offer better advice.

Surely a good cleanse, tone, moisturise routine (and perhaps an additional eyecream) plenty of sleep and the odd facial would help, ................... cummon girls, don't let an old man offer better advice.

For some of us, that unfortunately is not enough:cry:

I have rosacea and occasional acne breakouts at 36yrs of age:cry::cry::cry:

No matter what I do, what products I try........... my skin is STILL crap and even with a tonne of makeup, artfully applied... (yes I took my courses...)well, you can't hide everything.
Too bad digital editing only works in magazines

:cry:

I was talking to a client yesterday about skin, wrinkles etc. She mentioned an article in a local paper "Botox in a Jar" no needles.

we read the article together and it says it has been in the U.S.A. for a while and is coming over to the U.K. in time for xmas and will be stocked in a well known pharmacy (Boots?) for around £50 which will give 3 months worth of application. I have just txt her as I can`t remember the name or company. Will post when she gets back to me. Unless anyone else has any information on it?

This sound like something I would try

A lot of companies advertise products like this. It could be 'anything.
Avon has a new product line "ANew" and they make the same claims... (Mind you, I've seen some of this stuff actually make a difference!) but I dont know all the in's and outs of these claims and I certainly haven't tested all the products.

There ARE sites that test products and give feedback. Seek them out and search out their products to see what everyone's feedback is.

Maybe that will help?
Here's one of them
Compare Prices and Read Reviews on Cosmetics, matching "beauty" at Epinions.com

Thanks Vicky, I am sure this was the real thing. I have heard of many and use (at the mo) Boots 17 Protect & perfect which is lovely and does smooth out fine lines etc if used regularly. I am just waiting for my client to txt back with name. I did a search last night and did not find anything that sounded remotely like what I was reading about.

Know how you feel Amb .... just need someone to airbrush my face and body everytime I leave the house! :lol:

Yep I totally agree, day and night with good products, this is one area you shouldn't skimp on. I've been doing it since I was 11 and I it's become an unbreakable routine.

But yes its all the talent of the make-up artist , wait til' the before and after shots reach the Internet then you won't want skin like them lol

Well.... I do think a good routine is important...

But yesterday I took delivery of my new Supercover make-up and I got 'made over' by Zaf Ansari, he completely camouflaged my broken capillaries and rosacea, and he contoured my face (wow!) and I would say the finish was pretty flawless. Although maybe a bit heavy for daytime.

Walked up the after school club and the supervisor said, ' don't take this the wrong way but you look YOUTHFUL!'

If you are reading this Gabi, how did I look? (Be kind please, I'm very fragile, lol)

I might bring some with me when I visit you Amb xx

P.S. I tried it myself this morning, didn't bother with the contouring just a nice even layer of foundation applied with a foundation brush to a damp skin (spritzed) ... I was pretty happy :)

That's my two penneth

Zo Zo
aka Haggard Bag

Thanks Vicky, I am sure this was the real thing. I have heard of many and use (at the mo) Boots 17 Protect & perfect which is lovely and does smooth out fine lines etc if used regularly. I am just waiting for my client to txt back with name. I did a search last night and did not find anything that sounded remotely like what I was reading about.

You're most welcome:!:
But...... "Vicky" is a four letter word in my house :lol: I DETEST being called "Vicky" :lol::lol:

You can call me Red, Vic, Victoria, or even B***h (which I take as a compliment, by the way LOL) but please never Vicky.

I still luv ya though (until you call me it again:smack: :lol:)

Clarins - Beauty Flash Balm. Apply this over moisteriser and under foundation.
Estee Lauder - Spotlight. You can wear this under a foundation or mix it with the foundation.

These both give a glow/radiance to the skin.

It's all about the make up. Gotta have the make up to look that good.

Latest posts

Back