Skin is terrible on one side?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All.

Can anyone help with this photo, really bad congested skin, just the right hand side of my face. Been like it for a couple of months now. Some days it's barely noticeable, but today, it's really irritated.
I'm just using face wipes and a nivea cream.
I was recommended to buy a Glycolic scrub, which I did, by Nip & Fab. Hasn't done much and think it actually irritates sometimes so stopped using.
Just really need suggestions to help clear it up?

Attachments

• 1534698641426906549261.jpg
    1534698641426906549261.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 87
You should book a consultation with a skin therapist to get proper advice and recommendations.

Stop using wipes. There is nothing good about any of them. Stop using glycolic.

As suggested get a thorough skin consultation and start using some decent products. You should see an improvement.

Vic x

Stop using wipes. There is nothing good about any of them. Stop using glycolic.

As suggested get a thorough skin consultation and start using some decent products. You should see an improvement.

Vic x

Thank you both for your replies - I cannot spend a massive amount of money just right now as I have just gone from a home salon to mobile and have had to purchase quite a bit of new equipment and had a car accident so trying to get back to work on proper hours. Anything I can get in the meantime to help - Tea Tree oil?

I would use a cleanser and a moisturiser x

Last edited by a moderator:
Wipes are vile! they do nothing particularly well and almost always are the genesis of any skin issue. Tea Tree oil is a bit harsh, to be honest. Just make sure it's clean and hydrated, and let your body do the rest.

You could try using food to clean your face. It's gentle so unlikely to irritate. If you think you need a scrub you can use ground almonds or fine oatmeal soaked in cream, or yoghurt or oil. The cleansing nourishing properties are different depending on the combination that you pick. As I haven't seen your skin properly, I'd suggest a home facial using a little honey mixed with oil as a gloopy, rinse off cleanser, followed by a steam for 10 mins, gentle expressing of any congested bits without damaging your skin and then a splash of cool water. Finish with a "toner" mixture of cider vinegar and water. A mist of natural floral water from an aromatherapy source will help to hydrate your skin before adding a natural oil moisturiser

There are lots of recipes and recommendations online.

Your skin may be dry/dehydrated so the natural skin oils are collecting and dehydrating under the skin instead of distributing over the surface. The skin oil is necessary to create your acid mantle. Dry skin becomes sensitive abs then gets irritated by everything. So you need to gently clean out the waxy dehydrated skin oil and then add both moisture and oil to your skin. This will help to restore the natural ph balance and hydration and stop the cycle of dryness = sensitivities and congestion.

A good facial by a professional followed by a recommended skin care product range will make all the difference. Self diagnosis and home made remedies aren't a replacement for professional care.

Just a thought, but is this the side that you answer the phone on mostly?

Phones are filthy and harbour a lot of bacteria. Plus we rarely clean them, if ever!

Thank you all for your comments - it actually got worse and started to look like a cigarette burn! I went to a pharmacy just so I could get some advise and used "Epederm" which seemed to work after a couple of days along with Witch Hazel - It's not usually the side I use for phones, that thought did cross my mind and I am keeping an eye on it, but with no make up on, it looks pretty much clear, just a faded Red patch but nothing what it was like.

Thank you all and the home facial products I will be doing, I always like the thought of making your own natural skin care - Thanks again.

Carly xx

Latest posts

Back