Skin micro-dermabrasion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arsida

Beauty therapist
Reaction score
My client had cancer 3 years ago and now wants a micro-dermabrasion facial is it safe to do so need help!

This depends on so may things that would rely on a thorough consultation. It depends on what treatment therapy she had and how long she underwent it as well as her general state of health now. Patients can carry the effects of chemo for a very long time afterwards - years. The best thing is to get a GP note to cover yourself and the client. If you do not do facials on her at present, do a basic therapeutic one first - if you get medical approval.

I agree with essentia. Since cancer is a contraindication for so many treatments, share with your client that you would love to treat her, but for her safety you would want clearance from her doctor. If she isn't under current treatment at this time and there are no visible signs or complaints of sensitivity there shouldn't be an issue. But I would err on the side of caution to cover yourself. I would also ask what her desired goals are in terms of the procedure... I mean it is possible you could get great results with enzymes.

Latest posts

Back