Skin needling and chemical peels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise1014

Reaction score
Hiya, just wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm a beauty therapist trained to HND level, I havent done any training courses in a good few years due to having children/ family circumstances but have still been running my home salon. I want to train in microneedling, chemical peels, mesotherapy, just generally some advanced training.
I am so lost with figuring out who to train with,the courses differ so much in both length of training and cost!
I've been looking at both Sally Durrant and Emma Coats,both of which seem to have good reviews,with Emma Coats they have a one day intensive training course ( which in itself makes me question a few things) but again people seem happy with the training. Sally Durrant seems extremely in depth ,taking much much longer to complete.
Has anybody trained with either and could shed some light, I obviously want to come out of it qualified and with confidence in what I'm doing but also have a family and business to run so not sure I can commit to the intensity that the Sally durrant courses seem to require.

I was looking at the Emma Coats one too, I've previously done training in advanced tachniques and they were in a day I'm sure.. It was 10 years ago so my memory is vague but would like to follow to see what people say... Piggybacking here sorry x

I took Emma Coates intensive course and it really was intensive. The morning was skin/treatment theory and the afternoon was practical. The accompanying manual is comprehensive and everyone did and received the treatments. They do say that you can contact them anytime after and return if you need to. One of the better courses I have attended. Hope this helps!

I'm about three quarters of the way through the Sally Durant level 4. It's a full on CIDESCO qualification that doesn't bear any resemblance to some of the 'level 4 qualifications' available. If you want to really learn about skin it's unbeatable. If you just want to learn microneedling and peels you don't need it but it helps you stand out.

You can probably do a one day peels course and a one day needling course with a good, reliable company that offers post training support like Dermogenera who are excellent with great opening packages, and you can start practising etc and do a qualification alongside.

Vic x

I took Emma Coates intensive course and it really was intensive. The morning was skin/treatment theory and the afternoon was practical. The accompanying manual is comprehensive and everyone did and received the treatments. They do say that you can contact them anytime after and return if you need to. One of the better courses I have attended. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply,its helpful to hear from people who have done the training. Did you feel pretty confident carrying out the treatments after the one day course? Have the treatments been popular and have you seen good results? Sorry,loads of questions!!

I'm about three quarters of the way through the Sally Durant level 4. It's a full on CIDESCO qualification that doesn't bear any resemblance to some of the 'level 4 qualifications' available. If you want to really learn about skin it's unbeatable. If you just want to learn microneedling and peels you don't need it but it helps you stand out.

You can probably do a one day peels course and a one day needling course with a good, reliable company that offers post training support like Dermogenera who are excellent with great opening packages, and you can start practising etc and do a qualification alongside.

Vic x
Hi,thanks for your reply,how long has the Sally Durant training taken you so far? This is the thing I'm battling with in my head,all the training and qualifications I've ever done have been quite intense but taken awhile, think I've only ever done one 1 day training course before and I didnt come away from that feeling like I was very confident and the treatment has never done well for me because of that lack of confidence. The HND covers the skin in great depth ( although I did qualify a long time ago so I'm sure there is much more I could learn.) Would you say you have learnt alot more from this course than any other training has provided? I think ideally I'd like to do the Sally Durant course but could really do with being able to offer some new treatments prior to being able to complete it,I'll have a look at Dermogenera,thank you for that.

Hi,thanks for your reply,how long has the Sally Durant training taken you so far? This is the thing I'm battling with in my head,all the training and qualifications I've ever done have been quite intense but taken awhile, think I've only ever done one 1 day training course before and I didnt come away from that feeling like I was very confident and the treatment has never done well for me because of that lack of confidence. The HND covers the skin in great depth ( although I did qualify a long time ago so I'm sure there is much more I could learn.) Would you say you have learnt alot more from this course than any other training has provided? I think ideally I'd like to do the Sally Durant course but could really do with being able to offer some new treatments prior to being able to complete it,I'll have a look at Dermogenera,thank you for that.
The course has taken me a looong time but I have a salon with 5 staff and was also teaching and distributing so not a lot of free time. You can do it in modules which is what I'm doing - Skin Science I've pretty much finished and Investigative Consultations which I'm about two thirds of the way through. It's not a light weight course. Extremely thorough x

Latest posts

Back