Skin numb after waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I did an upper lip wax on a colleague last Friday and today she has told me the the outer corners have felt numb ever since.

I always get this for a couple of days after doing my own too but it never lasts this long.

Does anyone know why this happens and if I should be concerned?

I always assumed this was because the little hairs pick up the sensations (like whiskers) LOL

Has she had her lip waxed regularly? If this is the first time her lip will feel different. I have never heard of the lip feeling numb, in the corners or otherwise! :D

Has she had her lip waxed regularly? If this is the first time her lip will feel different. I have never heard of the lip feeling numb, in the corners or otherwise! :D

It was her first wax. But I have to say I've been having mine done for years, first by another therapist then for the last few years I do it myself and I have always had this reaction for the first couple of days!

But I have to say I've been having mine done for years, first by another therapist then for the last few years I do it myself and I have always had this reaction for the first couple of days!

Same here, mine usually seems somewhat "numb" for about a week, suppose I've got used to the sensation now lol

Well I'm really curious as to why this happens now lol

I don't get this sensation anywhere else on my body after waxing - and I also find my upper lip to be the most painful to wax too, I'd rather have an underarm or brazilian anyday instead, but needs must *sigh* lol

Definitely the most painful!

I get this on my arms and also feels like I have hundreds of tiny ants crawling all over me !!!! Grrrr !!! drives me mad! X

I've never heard of that. Odd! Do you mean tingly and numb or just numb as in can't feel it?

Tingly is different than numb. My legs itch/tingle after waxing but aren't numb:D

Its a bit like when a dental injection is starting to wear off but without the tingling lol so it feels swollen even tho it isn't and just less feeling there than there should be.

My arms tingle (but ant like sensation) for the first 24 hours then for 48 hours after that they are numb - numb as in if I rub my arm with my hand I can't feel it, but it wears off after 72 hours of being waxed! Lol x

Tingly is different than numb.
Yeah, you're right! My ex said I made him feel tingly…….but he made me feel numb. You're right! :)))) x

Yeah, you're right! My ex said I made him feel tingly…….but he made me feel numb. You're right! :)))) x

Haha love it Kim !!! So true!!! :D x

Latest posts

Back