Skin problem - Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah30

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if any of you can give me advice but I have a real problem with my skin. I have to take alot of tablets (about 25 a day including water tablets - which I know dries my skin). I have been looking trying to look after my skin for about the last two years, cleansing toning and mosturising. My skin is always read and the pores are always large. Its got to the point where I am so depressed about it that I don't even want to go out of the house. I have tried alsorts of products but nothing seems to help. I hate to be seen without make-up on but now I don't feel any better for it as the foundation I feel just looks horrible. I am so desperate to just feel normal. Can anyone recommend anything that will help. Thank you.

Have you ever had a proper skin analysis done? It would be very hard to suggest anything without seeing the skin first unfortunately.

Hi to be honest I would not know where to start I have been to Boots but none of the stores close to me don't have the machines to do the skin test. I am selling my house so when its sold I was thinking of having my skin lasered but would this help with the redness and reduce my pores. Is there actually a way of getting smooth even skin. I don't want to waste anymore money on things that don't work. Thank you for your reply. I probably sound like a weirdo but my skin affects me so much that when I was assessed for heart and lung transplant I was more afraid of going bare faced. Luckily I am stable with my health and don't need the transplant at the moment. Do you think laser treatment works. Thanks again.

You don't need a machine for a skin analysis, you can either go to a salon, or perhaps a company like Clarins where they can tell you what your skin type is and what conditions you have, then they can recommend suitable products.

I'm not a laser expert so can't advise on there although I expect there are some on SG who can :) but personally I would try the product/facial route first and see what options you have :)

Hi Leah, given your location I'd recommend saks hair & beauty ( there are two salons in darlington plus the training acadamy ) they offer elemis facials - having worked with this range i would absolutely say it's worth going along for a free consultation, if nothing else. I trained in Darlington, they're a lovely bunch.. if either salons are near enough it's def worth popping along

29A Blackwellgate
Town Centre, Darlington
01325 488 800

2, Peel Court
24 Saint Cuthbert's Way, Darlington
01325 360 000

Best of luck x

Thank you both for your reply I will look into getting my skin analysed. I think that will be a start in the right direction. I thought Sacs just did hair. I could try them as they are not far. As I can't work cos of health will just have to hope the house sells quick, its only just gone on market last week. I am feeling a bit better knowing there may be things out there to help me feel better about myself. I really appreciate you both for taking the time out to reply. Thank you both so much.

Leah, just wanted to let you have the details for saks head office too - they train their therapists here & so you may possibly get discounted treatments if your able to 'model' for the trainee's

Saks Northern Academies
55 - 59 Duke Street
Darlington
Co Durham
DL3 7SD
Tel: 01325 341 621
Email: [email protected] (for appointments and general enquiries)

If that option isn't feasible you should at least be able to get the address of your nearest saks spa offering beauty. I do agree with the other geeks post re' trying the facial/product route before laser.

Let us know how you get on x

A contributing factor may also be your diet? Do you eat healthily? I used to suffer with bad skin ans immunity and discovered a lot if my problems boiled down to a poor diet(and a crappy skin care routine)! Not saying you do eat rubbish, Just something to consider! X

Hi, thanks again for the further information regarding Sacs I am definately going to look into that.

With regards to what I eat I don't eat very healthy food. I am such a fussy eater I am even worse now as with all the tablets I take food just doesn't taste the same I don't eat very much and what I do eat is about a choice of three things. I might request to see a dietician as I have been losing weight and am now 7st 11. I am not trying to lose weight it's just happening. I am being treated for severe depression and anxiety and it is hard to look after yourself properly. You lose a lot of interest in things including food. I am often dehydrated I have been trying to drink more water but then you end up needing to pee loads cos of the water tablets I have to take. At least now I have some avenues to pursue so thanks eveeryone for your replies. I will let you know how I get on.

Take care, :wink2:

Latest posts

Back