Skin Reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjp-183

Reaction score
I recently asked for help regarding a client who had reacted to colour brands, except Wella. He has now started light itching with that too. I gave recommended he stops colouring for the time being but he is adamant he can’t cope with grey. I suggested we weft some bleach through ( not on the scalp) to blend with the grey a little but he doesn’t want his hair light. Are there any organic, hypoallergenic products that anyone knows of please? Or is it just time to refuse to do it? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t touch him with any colour, patch test him 2 days before any colour you want to try, even if its ppd free in case its something else.

These reactions get worse each time (including to the patch tests) so while hes like ah sod it its worth it for sn itch, he wont be so chill when his neck is swollen and hes off to a&e

I wouldn’t touch him with any colour, patch test him 2 days before any colour you want to try, even if its ppd free in case its something else.

These reactions get worse each time (including to the patch tests) so while hes like ah sod it its worth it for sn itch, he wont be so chill when his neck is swollen and hes off to a&e
Thank you. That’s my gut feeling, I really appreciate your reply.

What reaction is he having? How much coverage does he need?

He has very raised, angry looking itchy skin. He said it’s very uncomfortable. He’s 90% grey. He’s used a shop bought product, just for men, to add to the mix! (he informed me yesterday) He is coming in again today for a cut and consultation. He has a cut every two weeks and colour every 4 as his hair is 2 back and sides.

is it maybe the black henna in the shop bought product thats causing the reaction?

He has very raised, angry looking itchy skin. He said it’s very uncomfortable. He’s 90% grey. He’s used a shop bought product, just for men, to add to the mix! (he informed me yesterday) He is coming in again today for a cut and consultation. He has a cut every two weeks and colour every 4 as his hair is 2 back and sides.
Have you ever thought about Nacreo?
It's a tinted styling product designed for mens hair originally, it doesn't transfer onto clothing, pillow cases etc and it only comes off when agitated with shampoo. Gives reasonable coverage, but there is a shampoo too which adds to the coverage.

is it maybe the black henna in the shop bought product thats causing the reaction?
Very good point!
Just for men is known for heavy metalic salt content. This may have initiated a reaction. You'd also have to be careful now when colouring over the top of this if you decided to do so.

He put that on because I refused to put his usual colour on because of the reaction. I will certainly look at Nacreo, do you know if that requires a skin test please?

He put that on because I refused to put his usual colour on because of the reaction. I will certainly look at Nacreo, do you know if that requires a skin test please?
No nacreo doesn't. Because it's literally just a tinted styling product. Out of curiosity did he react to the just for men?

No nacreo doesn't. Because it's literally just a tinted styling product. Out of curiosity did he react to the just for men?
No, he said not, just the spot where I put the colour, which I was very surprised about. I should see him this week, unless he takes my advice to leave his hair alone for a little longer.

Latest posts

Back