skin test please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaza92

Reaction score
im in college training to be a hairdresser and today we started colouring. we all had a skin test behind our ear and this was about 9:45 this morning, now my one ear (the one which had the skin test behind it) has gone all red, swollen, skin peeling from it and quite sore when i touch it. could this be a reaction from the skin test or something else?
please help me!!
thanks in advance

im in college training to be a hairdresser and today we started colouring. we all had a skin test behind our ear and this was about 9:45 this morning, now my one ear (the one which had the skin test behind it) has gone all red, swollen, skin peeling from it and quite sore when i touch it. could this be a reaction from the skin test or something else?
please help me!!
thanks in advance

sounds like an allergy hun, if you have college tomorrow speak to your tutor. if it gets worse see your g.p....
if it is bearable take an anti histamine like piriton ....
i presume you use 1.0 for your skin test, this has the most para in it. so if you are wanting your hair coloured at college the tutor will recommend skin testing with the colour you want , as you may not have a reaction if there is less para...luckily it should not stop you colouring clients hair as we have to wear gloves any way.

This goes to show how important a skin test is. Just imagine if that happened to your whole head. :eek: Hope it heals quickly, the chemist may be able to help you. :hug:

yep ,sounds nasty - id get it checked out -after all it could effect your whole hairdressing career

Latest posts

Back