Skin tests

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hiya.
Had a new client who came for consultation/skin test who told me she nearly always reacts to colour whether it be at home or at a salon but her old hairdresser used to just foil it so it doesnt touch the scalp.... her skin test didnt react but if she nearly always reacts by her own experiences but didnt react to my skin test would you still carry out the service? She wants foils with a flooded colour so it will be touching the scalp. Thanks

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

Plus if she did react i wouldnt foil for theres 2 much risk

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

I wouldnt purely because I wouldnt want to risk it .. if shes had reactions before that are mild whos to say she doesnt end up having a really bad reaction on u ... I personally wouldnt think its worth it x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

One of my customers was the same, she just had a base 6 all over. I use wella & fudge so have them anyway & I bought a matrix base 6. I skin tested her with all 3 & they were all fine. I used the fudge on her & have done for 10 months & never had a problem.( I skin test her b4 every colour) x

HairBy Amanda

I'd be extremely wary.

The FACT is, she told you she has reacted previously so this is normally considered a contraindication.

I would ask your insurance company for advice (by email or in writing) and ensure their advice is in writing if they tell you it's ok to go ahead.

If anything happened (assuming the skin test was negative) you don't want to be left high & dry by your insurance company. Or the subject of a Daily Mail expose.

Also, skin tests are only an indication and not a guarantee of safety.

Hi ellie are you still using L'Oreal colours? If so their policy is that if the client has ever had a reaction to a haircolourant or black henna tattoo then you should not colour their hair. It is printed on all of their instuctions leaflets so I think it could be a risk with your insurance x
P.s. hope you are well :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all. Yes such a huge risk i know. Yes adam i am using loreal still thank you for that i must get a instruction leqflet out and have a good read throughoughly! I think i will refuse the custom i really dont want to risk putting it all in packets either, any small seepage onto the scalp and she may have a reaction! Yes i will email my insurance company. Thank u all!
:):):)

Kind Regards,
Ellis @EHB

Personally I wouldn't tell your insurance if you've made that desion they record the query.

If say in 3 months time you have a client who reacts and hasn't told you. If that client claims you knew she was allergic, it's documented on your insurance that you enquired.

For example if you 'enquire' about loosing a phone then loose it a few weeks later they flag it up as fraud.

Latest posts

Back