Skin Truth Skincare - Any Good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whammers

Reaction score
Hi all, I was thinking of using Skin Truth (from the ellisons catalogue) as I'm going to be starting my own business from home and want something economical and not too pricey to start off (I could always move up a few levels to a new skincare range if I end up being successful). I wondered, has anyone got any feedback on the Skin Truth range or indeed, any other good "start up" product I ought to be using? thanks, Wendy:lol:

I considered the Skin Truth range as I'd used it in college and it was ok but after doing some research I finally went with the Eve Taylor skincare range. Their prices are very reasonable for start up and the products are fantastic.

Might be worth considering?

http://www.evetaylor.co.uk/

HTH

Not sure if you have chosen you skin care products yet.When I started working from home I found Solution by Hive to be a very affordable skin care product to use and retail. About skin truth I've used their pedicure starter kit which was ok. Did the job and was affordable. I don't use it any more as I wanted something nicer and not quite so basic I use Gena which smells devine. Julie bb

We used it at college but I wouldnt use it in a professional capacity at the salon as I feel that the clients could buy alot better quality over the counter from most supermarkets.

Hi, Skin Truth is very basic and I dont think will bring lots of clients back.If I was you I would go with Eve Taylor or Environ skin care range.x

I also used skin truth at college and when I first set up in my home salon, it is ok but I would go with a better product as you want repeat business. Since I swapped to eve tayor I have many more clients for facials and I now advertise the name and some people come as they know it.

Hey, I'm also looking for a bit on SkinTruth products. I am only looking for a little information about the facial products by skintruth for an ageing skin assignment for college.
and google isn't being very helpful. So if anyone knows anything it would be great.
Thank you
Amber
xXx

hi what exactly do you need to know is it about skin truth products itself

Just the facial products for mature skin. But i suppose it will be better to write about the facial products itself, not just mature skin, but for all types.
Thanks
Amber
xXx

Dont waste your money on it, iv found eve taylor products now, but when i was first thinking about going mobile i did buy a stack load of skintruth ranges its just sitting there think i'l bin it :cry: your clients can buy it from the local sallys too.

Great for colleges for training, but its not really a professional range.

Mat

we use them at the salon i am part time at. to be honest i think they are ok. at college we use dermalogica and when you do the nose cleanse, dermalogica is easily sucked up in the skin. but i think i use something else to either of them....a cheap one, but it works.
but the skintruth is just research for my assignment....wouldnt buy it

Just the facial products for mature skin. But i suppose it will be better to write about the facial products itself, not just mature skin, but for all types.
Thanks
Amber
xXx
i dont think skin truth have specific ranges for mature skin but i could be wrong, but id say ur lecturer is probably looking for what type product in general you want for mature skin for example
cleanser - consistency of mousse so not to drag the skin
toner - rose water and this is mainly plant extracts and water so want be harsh on the skin
massage - evening primrose oil as it be anti- ageing
mask - lifting and firming
moisturiser - cream as it be nourishing

is this what your looking for

no, it says;
research a prdouct range: you may decide to reseach a proffesional range (i.e. one only found in salons), or from a cosmetic house in a department store.
you should provide full information on the products available within your chosen range for the mature skin for the following products:
*cleansing
*toning
*exfoliation
*day cream
*night time nourishment
*eye care
*neck care
*serums/ampoules
*make-up

but i dont need to have information on all of those because not all ranges have a speciality in each

I found some information on SkinTruth!
yay!
xXx

i would go for eve taylors mobile kit instead. Skin truth is not very professional as clients can buy it theirselves from the local wholesalers so your retail sales will not be very good. If you get in touch with eve taylor they will send you a sample kit out as well as some info on the kits x:)

God hun , no dont use it. I used it at college it smells like something an old lady would wear and it brought my skin out in spots. Awful product xxx

I think it is important to start as you mean to go on. If you start with a low end product you will become known for providing a lower end service, because you will be held back by the product. Companies like SwissDermyl offer lots of financial help for startups and the products are second to none.
My own personal opinion of Skin Truth is not printable!

I think it is important to start as you mean to go on. If you start with a low end product you will become known for providing a lower end service, because you will be held back by the product. Companies like SwissDermyl offer lots of financial help for startups and the products are second to none.
My own personal opinion of Skin Truth is not printable!

Im agreeing with you on this one. Defo start as you mean to go on.
Although it is hard at the beggining when theres just soooo much to buy.

Might be an idea to visit the princes trust. They do business loans to anyone starting out a business and the re-payments are very small. Check out their website :hug: xxx

Why not try Algologie, Its a fab range and the start up cost are very low. I've used skin truth and hive and they are okish,very basic.

Latest posts

Back