Skin weft tape

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie6777

Reaction score
Hi, Can you re-tape the wefts without removing the old tape or do you have to dismantle and start from scratch. I used protec tape and glued the wefts between the tape with LG and it is still holding the wefts securely but the stickiness of the tape is not enough to hold them in my hair. Advice please, much appreciated.

I always remove old tape nd re apply, x

Hi could I just ask where you get your skin wefts from ?? Iv just ordered some micro wefts from racoon and some clip tape from balmain, but struggling to find good hair 😉

Thanks for the replies, jojo3742 I make my own skin wefts then you can have whatever quality of hair you want to suit client. I have not tried ready made brands but there have been some reviews on Rapunzel which seem to be ok. Sorry can't help you more.

Sorry to be a pest but can I ask how you make your own??

The weft or bulk hair is secured with additional help of LG between the folded 3/4 inch tape. Two or three wefts can be placed in one skin weft, using heated straighteners heat the weft for just a few seconds to bond it all together. Finally, remove the outer layer to expose the sticky double sided tape, ready to install in the hair. Hth.

Yeah but that is not skin weft is it? That's just cold fusion wefts.

Babe brad of hair extensions have a new tape in kind and they are fabulous!!! Fast to apply and easy to remove with there oil based remover. Then you just apply new tape and put them back in... The hair seems to last longer cause you don't have the issue of the ends fraying from being shoved and squished in a micro bead...Also super comfy to ware...they lay super flat to the head! No sleeping on your face for the first 3 days..lol
I have worked with Itips and tape in from babe and love the quality of their hair! The also have a sister company called Donna Bella which has the same quality of hair and product just under a different name.
Hope this was helpful....I'm new to the hair geek squad!!

Not being as experienced as some of you other geeks I have obviously not headed my question properly by the comment made by the extensionist. I have very fine blonde 613 hair so instead of sandwiching my hair between two wefts which would show easily with the slightest movement of my hair. Instead I place the weft with tape both sides of the wefts onto the desired section and then let my hair fall naturally onto the weft so the weft is attached in between my hair making the wefts virtually undetectable. So I take it that this method is cold fusion then? My mistake.

The weft or bulk hair is secured with additional help of LG between the folded 3/4 inch tape. Two or three wefts can be placed in one skin weft, using heated straighteners heat the weft for just a few seconds to bond it all together. Finally, remove the outer layer to expose the sticky double sided tape, ready to install in the hair. Hth.

No not necessarily I am just really confused by this comment? Maybe it's just me.

Not being as experienced as some of you other geeks I have obviously not headed my question properly by the comment made by the extensionist. I have very fine blonde 613 hair so instead of sandwiching my hair between two wefts which would show easily with the slightest movement of my hair. Instead I place the weft with tape both sides of the wefts onto the desired section and then let my hair fall naturally onto the weft so the weft is attached in between my hair making the wefts virtually undetectable. So I take it that this method is cold fusion then? My mistake.

yeah thats not a skin weft, thats just attaching multiple regular wefts onto protac tape for cold fusion.

skin weft is a totally different thing, each of the hairs in woven into a fine PU material so it looks like its growing out the head, no line of stitching or anything. its more expensive, but much easier to hide. hope your not advertising your method as skin wefts!! put it down to experience and get researching :) !

to the OP - i have used additional lengths skin wefts, they were reasonable for the price, lasted around 10 weeks of continual wear, repositioned 3 times during that where i totally removed the tape and attached new stuff. iv been finding tape alone isnt always strong enough for regular wefts, but plenty for skin wefts hth x

Latest posts

Back