Skincare books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat18

Reaction score
Hi, I done a quick search last night and have a little list of books to buy. I looked up the advanced skincare analysis book and I can only find it for £236![emoji33]. Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can get it cheaper. Also any skincare books that you can recommend? Thanks!

When you say you have a little list of books to buy do you mean that you are doing a course and have been asked to get this book in particular. If so I would be inclined to ask whoever has told you get said book where to buy it? If not maybe look for something similar if you can't find the specific one cheaper, or maybe check out your local library as you may be able to borrow it.

No I'm level 3 qualified but I'm wanting to further/refresh my skincare knowledge as I've had a break from beauty for a while. The list is from posts I found last night using a search for skincare books. It's not in my local library either. Thanks for your help though

Perhaps spend the money on a skincare product training day? This way you will get hands on training with face to face discussion opportunity.
Choose a company you might take on in the future.

Hi Kat

I have left a couple of messages I am looking to do pop up days of Caci (Ultimate) & Environ, I am doing loads of training with skin care at my new job but have the machines just messaged you for ideas and I will research the skin care books for you look at histology books and see if they are any use as thats really expensive sounds like its a medical book ?

ShivonLilly

I'm guessing you mean Florence Barrett Hills book although I may be wrong. Keep looking. Sometimes they come up cheaper. I think I paid around £45 for mine.
There are a couple more recommended.
Mark Lees - Skincare Beyond the Basics and
Florence again - The Aesthetic Clinicians pictorial guide vol 1.
Credit to @Lynne Baker for the recommendations.

You could also look at a level 4 skin qualification, depending on where you want to go with it all, but these are currently astronomically expensive.

Vic x

Thanks everyone. Yes it is the Florence batter hills book. All of her books seem to be in the £00s? I live in Scotland and can't seem to find any level 4 skin qualification courses. I have looked into a few and they are expensive. I'll just have to start saving.

I would recommend Skin Care Beyond Basics as well.
I could not manage without my Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary, Millady.
Try registering with the Aesthetics Journal. I receive a free copy every month. There are some very good articles covering a variety of subjects.
I also find dermascope.com website a rich source of information.

Latest posts

Back