Skincare brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
I have been a home salon for nearly 5 years, 2 months ago I expanded into a salon which is going really well.

In the time of being from home I have used a number of skincare brands, monu, proto-col, skin base microdermabrasion, only your x skin peels, crystal clear and Beauty labs skin peels.

I took on Beauty lab skin peels when I opened the salon I have done a couple but still not doing many facial's. When they are on offer people are having them which is currently a steam facial with the monu products.

I'm wondering i its just facial's people don't want or weather its worth me investing in elemis or another big brand? I want something that people in my area dont use and elemis is one of them and I have seen the rep and I love the facial and body treatments they offer!

It's just a lot of money if anyone uses Elemis could you tell me about your experiences? or someone tell me to save my money lol

Kerry x

I don't use Elemis (although their new machine looks interesting), but 99% of my treatments are facials. I am booked up weeks ahead and have a daily waiting list. I do believe you need one of the big brands to initially attract Clients giving the impression you are very serious about skin care/facials.

I totally agree with uk beauty. You must know why you stock a skincare brand. If you are going to spend a few thousand opening an account, know what makes your brand better and different to the one down the road. How will you retail it ? are the prices achievable? is there a minimum spend per year?
Know why you stock it - don't just stock it to do facials, stock it to change skin, to retail to your customers who want great skin and to up your income, but don't do what I did when I first started facials - I bought an expensive range and did facials. I hardly sold anything because I couldn't explain why these products were so expensive and what they would do that something from boots wouldn't do!

Good luck x

Thank you, That was what I was thinking.

What brands do you both use and how have you got on with them?

Kerry x

I use and retail Environ and get on really well with it. I also offer Silhouette Dermalift facials that tie in really well with Environ.

The IIAA who distribute Environ have fantastic customer care and really help with retail and support!

Vicki x

Hi.

I work for two skin care brands.

One more medical than the other.

From a non medical side for facial treatments and skin peels then a lovely brand to use is called glo therapeutics,

To do the peels with glo you need to be nvq3 but not for the facials and product sales.

They have a really extensive range. If you want any more details pm me and I'll get you in contact with a rep in your area

X

Hi Kezza, if you're after a great facial peel, check out the Resultime by Collin Paris Skin Peeling Treatment! It's our most popular facial as it offers a visible transformation. It will erase dead skin and reduce wrinkle depth and scarring, leaving your client's skin smooth, soft and radiant. Youth mechanisms will be reignited with a new skin effect. Suitable for all skin types except sensitive.

If you want any info, please email me at [email protected].

Kezza, I have worked with a few skincare brands.

The one I have preferred working with the most in the UK was Medik8. When used correctly both in salon and home care they offer great results and are an affordable active range. They reformulated the peels just before I left the UK so I must be honest and say I haven't tried the new formulations.
There is no distributor where I am based now and I am not in a position to distribute for them along with other commitments.

I have also used the following brands mentioned above, Glotherapeutics, this is a good range, the peels are very good.

I love Medik8. Love the company. I ditched a non-caring enormous US brand with a minimum order to go with a UK produced range. Excellent resources on-line and great communications from the head down.

New Peels are great, but I can also cherry pick from other ranges that come under the skinbrands umbrella.

Hi geeks I'm from nail thread and doing a course on bamboo facials I currently use skin truth but when I go myself to have a facial they use elemis and I love it so was wondering weather to change over can you tell me who the retailer is .

Many thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Elemis are distributed by elemis. They are a high end brand with an opening order in the thousands. They usually only supply a salon with two or more treatment rooms and two full time therapists - at least that was what I was told many years ago!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for reply

My word that's a bit expensive for a mobile therapist :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree with uk beauty. You must know why you stock a skincare brand. If you are going to spend a few thousand opening an account, know what makes your brand better and different to the one down the road. How will you retail it ? are the prices achievable? is there a minimum spend per year?
Know why you stock it - don't just stock it to do facials, stock it to change skin, to retail to your customers who want great skin and to up your income, but don't do what I did when I first started facials - I bought an expensive range and did facials. I hardly sold anything because I couldn't explain why these products were so expensive and what they would do that something from boots wouldn't do!

Good luck x

Hi vicki
I totally get what your saying & I understand you need to get yourself out there so you can explain how amazing the products are etc. But how would u recommend getting out there specifically with facials - is it thro social media, doing offers to get clients to try it? Or other ways? Thanks x

I just talked to my existing client base about the new range I was taking on. I told them about the training and why I had chosen that range. I was excited about it and it showed!

When I initially started, there was no social media. I can now put a facial offer on fb and get immediate bookings, but started out with just leaflet drops.

Vic x

I just talked to my existing client base about the new range I was taking on. I told them about the training and why I had chosen that range. I was excited about it and it showed!

When I initially started, there was no social media. I can now put a facial offer on fb and get immediate bookings, but started out with just leaflet drops.

Vic x

Thanks 😀 x

I use Medik8 very good customer service and most of all the products are fab and sell themselves you also get a % of your order back and can use that against samples which is a very good touch to give to clients after treatment or new clients that come in for skin consultations, the peels are amazing my clients have had wonderful results from them and so have I ;) i would definitely recommend

Elemis' opening order is quite exp naive, they do have a cheaper option. They don't supply mobile therapists and don't have a minimum room/therapist amount anymore.

I've recently had a rep out to go through everything.

:)

Oooh this is new! What are the requirement do you know? Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back